Gas Mileage and power loss

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Gas Mileage and power loss

Post by fowljesse »

I just want to be sure that you know to spray carb, or brake cleaner where the leaks could be, and listen for idle fluctuation.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
JCS

Post by JCS »

Yep, but thank you for posting that. It is appreciated :D

EDIT: I've always used carb cleaner. Have alot on hand back home as a cheap wasp spray...lol
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:lol: Yeah. When I brought the RV out for the season, I sprayed 9 wasp nests!! AND they still kept coming back, looking for them!
Good luck :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
tom_finn

Post by tom_finn »

also when was the last time your fuel filter was replaced, it could be clogged, with would account for a loss of fuel to the injectors, with could both lead to loss of power, and bad mileage
tom
JCS

Post by JCS »

I can't say for sure the exact month, but I replaced the fuel filter this last summer.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

fowljesse wrote:I don'r know about your particular area, but around here, they switch to Ethanol in the winter, and it SUCKS. Worse performance, and gas mileage.
they use as much as 10% in all of the gas stations over here.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Savin

Post by Savin »

Everywhere around here mixes 10% ethanol. Its standard or something. :shrug: The only places that don't are the cheapy admiral stations and such, but they mix water in with their gas. They get reported all the time, but they still do it...
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”