93 MX3 4 Cly to V6 swap questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
nnblackgt

93 MX3 4 Cly to V6 swap questions

Post by nnblackgt »

I know as many people say i shouldnt do it i wanna swap my 4 banger for the KL motor in my mx3 ive seen ppl do it and a guy here in Va Beach has done it to his mx3 and it runs like a champ. I was wondering what the full list of parts i would need to do this swap. Money or how to do it isnt a problem i just want to know what i need to do it in full detail a list. Any help would be appriciated.

*I have a KL motor from my old probe gt*
95 Probe GT "Dragonfly" KLDE - Sold , 94 Probe GT "Komugi" 5spd KLZE - Totaled , 93 MX3 "Chibi" B6 SOHC - Soon KL swap ^_^
Probetalk Forums Member and Otaku (Virginia Probe Owners Club)
wytbishop

Re: 93 MX3 4 Cly to V6 swap questions

Post by wytbishop »

There used to be a list on Vaughn's site, but that page hasn't worked for a long time. The fact is that no one has done it for so long that there is no list anymore that I'm aware of. You basically need the entire front end of a GS. The rad and rad support are different, the front sub frame is different, the location of some of the accessories in the engine bay are different so the mounting holes may be in different places.

It's a nightmare.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

It's very possible...it's not like it's never been done or that it's impossible, the main issue is that most people don't recommend it since work and cost wise, it makes the least sence. You can swap the V6 over, but you don't have the rear discs and tighter steering rack that the GS has. In the end, you basically need a V6 Mx-3 doner car for everything that needs to be swapped over, so since that's the case, you're better off just doing a KL swap into that GS.

You basically need to replace the entire drivetrain, including tranny and axles, mounts, rad and piping, wiring harness, ecu and vaf, ALOT of parts.

Here should be all the info you need:
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showth ... ht=v6+swap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

i have a new rs im swaping from sohc 1.6 to k8 ill try n do a work log once i get a camera =] & the weather gets better..(burr..)
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet
pumpkin king

Post by pumpkin king »

Why a k8? why not just get a de or ze same work, more power?
My Metallic Mistress
95 mx3 4 to 6 swap progress is very,very slow. Its really just sitting there!!
95 Probe GT,Gumetal,Shaved and rebuilt ZE heads,intake p and p,UR UDP, MX-3 Flywheel,Razor hood,Quad Sleepy Eyes,BSA wheels,Sparco seats,STS,CM stage 3, CAI, DUEL CD, 96 Black tails,StreetGlow inside and out, 5% tint. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nnblackgt

Post by nnblackgt »

IM good for the swap a guy off probetalk has done the 4 banger to v6 swap in a MX3 and offered to do it for me if i have all the parts. The crossmember is the thing going from the left to right tire right? and i also need the one going up and down with the front trans mount if im correct. Theres a GS parts car here at the junkyard which noone is even touching im tryin to get everything off it this weekend i would need. I know i need shifter and linkage, radiator and fans, Crossmember and motor mounts/tranny mounts, Brake booster cable, and ecu and MAF. anything else i need to grab.
95 Probe GT "Dragonfly" KLDE - Sold , 94 Probe GT "Komugi" 5spd KLZE - Totaled , 93 MX3 "Chibi" B6 SOHC - Soon KL swap ^_^
Probetalk Forums Member and Otaku (Virginia Probe Owners Club)
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

The engine wiring harness obviously, and maybe while you're at it you can swap the GS brakes too.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

i would just swap to kl but i want to take baby steps with the swap...even tho it might cost me more in the end
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

and im on a tight budget and need it running asap
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”