headunit

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
shameem
Supporting Member

headunit

Post by shameem »

I have been researching for a headunit that will have USB/mp3 capabilities and vehicle speed based volume control. I want to just plug in a 20GB memory stick and shuffle through the songs in there. Anyways if anybody has any input on this or have come across some good headunits please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

P.S. I was looking at Blaupunkt memphis MP66 and it seems to fit the criteria - anyone have any experience with it?
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: headunit

Post by Ryan »

I have no idea about any of those features you listed, but I have heard from most people that Pioneer does a pretty good head unit.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
thumpinmx

Post by thumpinmx »

shameem wrote:I have been researching for a headunit that will have USB/mp3 capabilities and vehicle speed based volume control. I want to just plug in a 20GB memory stick and shuffle through the songs in there. Anyways if anybody has any input on this or have come across some good headunits please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

P.S. I was looking at Blaupunkt memphis MP66 and it seems to fit the criteria - anyone have any experience with it?
Blaupunkt is not a very good deck at all... if you want usb go with kenwood excelon KDC-X592 for there entry level deck with usb.... they also make some high end units... I had a x890 and upgraded to a x991 both awesome decks love em.... I had a pioneer premier 880 and i like the kenwoods more....
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I'm a big fan on Pioneer head units, LOVE them, lol. They pretty much all do mp3's, the USB capability if an add-on using a cable that connects to the IP-Bus on the back of the unit (need to make sure the HU has it). I'd much perfer to have that. Some decks have the USB port on the front, but for me, that looks ugly and is something that had the potential to get hit and broken. I know my Premier 980BT in the Mx-3 had the speed volume control...I don't remember if the 7800 in the Xterra does...

The 980 isn't a cheap deck, but it got one of the top DAC's (Burr-Brown), and the Bluetooth built-in is something I just can't live without for convinience and safety. The 7800 is basically the same just less tweeking and enhancing abilities for sound.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I'm not up to date with Alpine's line-up, but I am a big fan of their decks. Pioneer and Kenwood are also good for sure.
Cody

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”