mx-west site access

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

mx-west site access

Post by Dali »

who has access to the mx-west bc site. it has not been updated in well over a year, i will have some free time coming up over winter and will do some work on it. i've emailed kevin, have not heard back yet, so if someone knows who is running it or whatever. thanks. monte.
1993 White gs klze.
Dali
Supporting Member

Re: mx-west site access

Post by Dali »

does anyone know about this? was kind of pissed to waste 50 bucks last year on this and have nothing. whos running the sites?
1993 White gs klze.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I think James is the one who is running the site. It hasnt been updated for along time :(
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

I only update on the Alberta page (which I have not done in a while either). It used to get done frequently as in the past, as I was able to do it at work. Now with my current job I am unable to do this and I find I don't have sufficient time for anything when I am at home. That is not a good excuse nor a reason to justify it, but that's the truth of the matter. I had plans to update the site to something members could update on their own, but the MX-3.com site was implementing a "garage section" so I thought it would be a lost cause for people to have 2 places to update their car. Due to my lack of effort on the Alberta division, I have not collected club fees for the past year as I feel it is unfair to members. I will be trying to make an active effort to get things updated on a regular basis in the new year. I don't know what is going on with Kevin as I have not heard from him in a long time. Last I heard, he seemed to be experiencing some frustration with non-commitment and lack of interested in the lower-mainland of BC. I don't know what his thoughts are... or if he is looking for someone else to take the reins.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

yah, i emailed kevin about the site a couple of times to his different contacts and have not heard back from him at all, tylers tried to contact him as well. plus taras is now out of the picture since he sold his mx3. ive offered to try and keep the site up, not too sure i know how but i will try, other thing is im in the middle of nowhere to plan local coast trips and get togethers. as well i know all about not having time, there are priorities that people have and i even hate to say it but this is jus a car and a club. looking after my mother until she passed away this summer and starting a new job took up all my time and i have got nothing done to my mx3 in the past year but now i have a little free time and thought if i could help out with the mxwest site i would give it a go. tyler and i have been trying to figure some stuff out for the kelowna meet as well.
1993 White gs klze.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Well maybe we can chat live sometime and figure things out a bit for the BC division. I'm not even sure who the active members are on the BC side since the list hasn't been updated in a while. The member list isn't overly important, but if we can keep events going and the main news page, that's all it would take. I can setup a user access to the BC site for someone who would be willing to take on that job. No sense in having a Alberta guy update the BC site. ;)
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

hey, if you can give me access to the site im sure tyler and i could at least try to get it running and keep it updated....shouldn't be that hard :) ........maybe. if you could send the guidelines, where membership fee's go, loading pic's etc. email me at unclesluggo@shaw.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1993 White gs klze.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Are you able to perform work in HTML & PHP. The site was entirely coded this way, so I don't know how well it would display in one of those graphical interface programs like frontpage or Dreamweaver. I know MS frontpage would probably screw it up. For Kevin, I setup a special interface where he doesn't need to know any HTML coding to do updates. It allows him to update the News page and the Events page as well as a single image to each. Would this work for you. The membership fees were mainly to cover costs associated with domain hosting & registration and having T-shirts and logos made. I'm not sure how to proceed with that.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

yah the easy way would work for me, i havent worked in html forever, its not hard but i have not done it in so long it would take me time to remember. access to either would work, for now the easy way, just to get the site updated a little. is that access to the member page as well to update the profiles and pictures? thanks, monte.
1993 White gs klze.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Well the member profiles are much more in depth and would require HTML knowledge and of course basic knowledge of resizing jpg images. I can update member profiles, that isn't a problem. I just need to know what to update. I will work on setting up access to the user friendly interface on the website.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Taras is gone, eh? I was wondering what happened to him...he just seemed to of gone MIA. I really owe him a huge thanks for getting my door panel, and where and how he got it, in case I need to ever get another.

:(
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Last thing he mentioned to me was that he would probably be going back to Ukraine. He was about 90% sure when I last saw him in July.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

James, any info on the site. thanks man.
1993 White gs klze.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

In a PM I mentioned that the CMS on the MX-West site is no longer functioning and I am done pulling my hair out to figure out why. Must be due to some stupid updates to how browsers hand PHP and Java. So just send me the updates in a Word Doc and I will add them to the BC site myself.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”