The UK's Best mazda mx3 (KLZE) Showcar

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
colinf004

Re: The UK's Best mazda mx3 (KLZE) Showcar

Post by colinf004 »

that blue, green car ! whats the body kit called ??? and where would you buy it ? I like it
v6powered

Post by v6powered »

the side skirts are from a honda prelude, the front bumper is the chris barros bumper, you can only buy it in germany as far as i know, its made by Danielgsrx, a member of the mx3-community in germany (http://www.mx3-community.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

OutlaW wrote:
Mooneggs wrote:I also kind of like the audi inspired LED's around the front headlights... any more pics with those on at dusk?
x2 , i think i will get a set from Ebay :)
is that a kit you buy or...? i get whiplash everytime i pass an audi with those lights, id love to have on my car
ImageImageImageImage
uscmx3

Post by uscmx3 »

colinsmx3 wrote:I wouldnt call that one UK's best MX3... I have seen some more crazy ones then that!
All I see is a body kit, rims, and some re-upolsterd interior, and a basic sounds system. :shrug:
thats kool thats your opinion. I have been told by Uk's leading tuning mags and at shows thats its the best modified mx3 they have seen in the last 8 years. I have had 3 mag features and won 32 awards At UK shows , Also was in the Top 50 Showcars of the UK so im proud of it as ive done all the work myself.

maybe not your taste cant please everyone :shrug: :D

rest of you guys thanks for the comments and yes im thinking of changing the front bumper for the 3rd time lol im not keen on how the aggressive front bumper sticks out so we shall have 2 see
uscmx3

Post by uscmx3 »

Also id like to see some pictures of other UK Mx3 showcars that have been modified in every section??

As i travel all over the UK with Shows,mags ect i havnt come accross any other Mx3 in uk to same standard as mine.

only rsroadkillas few years bk but thats now sold.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I tried to write up something about this car, but couldn't without being harsh on things. If you think its the best looking Mx-3 in the UK good you should think your car is better than others. I can't agree, there are to many things clashing or things poorly done, rims belong on a luxury sports car, that front belongs in the 1990s when the shogun style kits should of died. The rear is molded but neither the sides nor the front is. You've got air vents that are non functional and are just stuck on in some areas. The sound system where it might be great for sound competitions doesn't look good for a show car (wooden carpet covered boxes are out, fiberglass is in). You've got grill mesh in the front but only in the 2 small holes and some strange black bars going across ( you really should have done it all one color and similar style). Dual Grapefruit shooters are total useless add no power, no advantages either besides making your car the loudest on the road. Engineers Designed the little LED lights for the r8 headlights and they look good... On a R8. My god you have a massive tach right besides your STOCK TACH.....

I'll stop there.
Last edited by Mnemonic on December 24th, 2008, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Exactly what he^^^^ said! :shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i cant talk, its still nicer than mine :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If he's not exaggerating about the awards, and stuff, he's got a point.
If I were a car show judge, most of them would fail, even the winning ones :shrug: since what they do is take a car, and make it look completely different, changing most of the lines (not for the better, IMHO), and make it impractical as a car. It's ALL about opinion, anyway, since there's no way to calculate what makes a car win, so if there really are as many opinions as he says, maybe it is the best right now. Of course it's presumtuous to say "The best", but all you car show guys have that motivation, and are the first to put down other show cars because you'd do something differently.
I just feel bad for guys that spend 100s of hours on something, and show it, just to have people say what they don't like about it. Constructive criticism should always be welcome (If you can't take it, don't open yourself to it), but it should be constructive. I'm NOT talking about anyone in particular, just going off, for some reason.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Well either way... with a show car you have to stay up to date with the style. I change most things on my car each yr over the winter while it's away so that I can keep up with it and have ppl comming back saying atleast it doesn't look the same for 5 yrs! It also gives me a chance to win more since it's always something different. Everytime I go to a show I get alot of ppl saying what they would change and what can be improved. I have spent endless nights and days in my garage working on my car! BUT in my opinion you don't go around saying I have the best MX-3 SHOWCAR in the UK thats just asking for it! I would never say that about my car being the best MX-3 in Ontario since who knows whats out there that isnt shown on the internet! I mean theres a Widebody MX3 kicking around 20 min away from me but you only see it once in a while driving by.

It's pretty much art on wheels, it's an expression of someones style and personality I guess thats why mine keeps changing! :welder:
ImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That makes sense.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

fowljesse wrote:That makes sense.
hmmm I can't tell if thats sarcastic.... :shrug:
ImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:lol: I was wondering how it would be taken...
It wasn't sarcastic :)
I would love to see how my ideas would go over, if I built a show car :confused2: I'm sure I'd lose badly, and then see most of my ideas recycled a couple years later.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

You can't really compare American car style and European car style... they would be entirely different opinions. Although, Europe is generally starts the styles and the US gets them some 5 years later....
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
uscmx3

Post by uscmx3 »

no probs thats your opinions guys we have a different style over here and in europe. I have ignored every bad commnet as you cant please them all, ive modified my mx3 to be different and stand out.

i think the few people on here that dont like it i think you should stop and give up with your mx3 and buy a rat car or cos you love your clean lines so much get a f---ing euro saxo on 14's !!!!

twats lol

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”