wierd neutral switch trouble

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
MazdaMan85

wierd neutral switch trouble

Post by MazdaMan85 »

I need to get this fixed the right way because I have to get my car inspected this month. So heres the problem. I hooked up my reverse lights and the nuetral switch. The reverse lights work just fine. But when I first swapped from auto to 5spd I just bypassed the nuetral switch and everything was fine. But then I realized that it wouldn't pass inspection like that. So i hooked up the nuetral switch. And when I did that it would start the way it should but then the idle was wierd when warm up as it if wasn't warm ( you know high rpms) Also when driving when I left off the gas it takes a few seconds before you can feel the drag. Thats not normal. So what could be the problem?? I'm using the right wires and everything.
Ps.. Everything works fine with it bypassed. Help please
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: wierd neutral switch trouble

Post by Mooneggs »

it doesn't sound related - it sounds like your throttle might be sticking?
MazdaMan85

Post by MazdaMan85 »

It isn't the throttle sticking because the minute I bypass the switch it goes back to normal. It seems to be affecting the ecm or somthing when its hooked up. Any other ideas??
MazdaMan85

Post by MazdaMan85 »

No one has an idea??
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

might be the idle responding to an electrical load, how high does the idle go to? When you let off the gas a drag can be either brake related or engine related. If you have abs it may be feeding into the abs module on you electrically.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”