windows fog up

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Wildman640

windows fog up

Post by Wildman640 »

I have a 93 mx-3 and ever since I have had the car my windows are always fogging up constantly. I have to leave my window cracked just to keep it cleared up. Is there something that I can do for it? Does anyone else have the same problem?
Maddbuck

Re: windows fog up

Post by Maddbuck »

does your car fog up everytime you are in it or at certain times? - Like when you are wet and get in the car if it is raining. Have you used the venting system of the car to help clear up the front windshield, if so, make sure you vent from outside of the car NOT internal circulation. Make sure air blows onto windshield. If you have AC that does a quick job of clearing the front window.<BR>possible causes to fogging constantly is moisture in your car somewhere - like a tiny leak. make sure you clean all the inside windows with window cleaner to remove any film buildup - this may also help with decreasing fogging or at the least help clear it up faster. :roll:
DVH

Post by DVH »

Stpo getting a*s in ur car then! hahah! just jokin man, yeha i have that problem when it s raining or im wet or something. i have those window gaurds though so i just leave the window cracked a bit! my rear window gets it reallt bad if it s raining! later [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Wildman640

Post by Wildman640 »

the windows fog up at any given time, raining or not. I usually just crack the windows a little so it will clear up. thanks for the tips....
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

make sure you have your car set up to receive air from the outside... not just refresh it (the green button not the orange)
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Im gonna second the previous startement.. you want fresh airflow on your heat/ac, not recycled air.. tht causes fog-up. Select that on your AC/heater to fresh air and you shouldnt have that problem.. unless your carpets are wet.. you'll get that. You may still get it if it's real humid out.
freakuency

Post by freakuency »

should the air be set to hot or cold? cold air clears up the windows but hot air sometimes doesn't.. then again i don't want to freeze!
'93 MX-3 GS<BR>Ractive Dual-tip 3" Muffler<BR>Ractive strut tower Bar<BR>Custom CAI
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

It doesnt matter too much if its cold or hot, as long as its on the setting that shows the air coming from the outside, not the recirculate. I personally set it at hot and it works fine, you just have to wait a bit if you have just turned your car on; it takes a few minutes for the air to warm up and make the fog dissapear.
hi
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I know it sounds weird and uses up a little more gas, but if you turn on the A/C compressor and turn the temp to HOT it will clear it up. Just turning the temp to HOT will not do as good of a job as also turning on the Compressor. The air WILL be HOT even with the compressor on. Give it a try.
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

i think it can be your heater core or something like that..do you smell some radiator coolant inside ..?
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
axess

Post by axess »

The reason it clears up faster with the AC even with hot air is because AC acts as a dehumidifier at the same time, so when it's set to hot air, it heats up and brings the humidity down, so less fog in the windows :)
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”