Power windows ?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
cstott282

Power windows ?

Post by cstott282 »

Hey everyone, i previously had a 92 mx3 gs i blew my DE in it and bought an NA miata, well seeing as im from NY and my miata is not very winter friendly i bought another 92 gs for a winter car / daily driver. I was shocked to see that this Gs has manual windows i did not know that they came that way?.. well my question is, if i just take both doors off my 1st mx3 and put them on my new one, will the wiring be in the new one?.. The reason i ask is because before i got my new one my brother wanted power windows in his 4cyl and we tried to put my gs doors on but the wiring was not there in the interior. So just wondering ahead oftime if anyone knows if the wiring will be there in my gs with manual windows.

I just found it weird because in my old 323 that i owned they did not come in teh states with power mirrors Or, power windows/locks.. I had put protege mirrors on there and the wiring was there, and i imported power window setup from a JDM 323 and the wiring was there in the interior.
1990 protege lx-RIP
1992 Mazda 323,(BP swap JDM'd out y0!) ..sold.
1993 Mazda MX3 GS,(KLZE swap) RIP
1994 Mazda Miata ... project boosted!
1992 Mazda Mx3 GS, project clean daily driver
wytbishop

Re: Power windows ?

Post by wytbishop »

I don't think that the car will have the power package harness if it was not equipped as such from the factory. I could be wrong though. It might be tucked up in under the dash.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
cstott282

Re: Power windows ?

Post by cstott282 »

anyone else have any input?
1990 protege lx-RIP
1992 Mazda 323,(BP swap JDM'd out y0!) ..sold.
1993 Mazda MX3 GS,(KLZE swap) RIP
1994 Mazda Miata ... project boosted!
1992 Mazda Mx3 GS, project clean daily driver

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”