Interior lights & door sensors suddenly stopped working

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Mad Cow

Interior lights & door sensors suddenly stopped working

Post by Mad Cow »

Recently all of my interior lights (top lights and light around the key hole) stopped working, along with the door sensors. I checked all the interior fuses and they're fine. Are these things all connected to the battery through 1 fuse or wire or something? It's a bit weird that all stopped working at the exact same time. Everything else in the interior (power windows, sound system, hvac, etc) works though, except the trunk light I think. (Not too sure because I took it out right after everything stopped working and I don't remember if it worked or not.)
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
mx3boyze

Re: Interior lights & door sensors suddenly stopped working

Post by mx3boyze »

The interior lights are on one fuse called ROOM and the power windows and such have there own fuses. I know this doesnt help much but if the fuseis good then i dunno
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I'll check the fuses again today. I was fairly sure they were all good but it wont hurt to check twice.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

fuses...? it sounds like you need to clean out your door pins. does the overhead domelight come on when you push the buttons?
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Forgot to mention that it doesn't. Neither does the keyhole surround light.
markm

Post by markm »

that happened to mee one time, and the next day all of a sudden the lights came back. i guess i just got lucky. probably was a shortage somewhere.
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

play with the door pin while the door is open. The light will most likely come on. That would mean that you would have to clean it somehow or if it doesn't come on and its not the fuse, replace it. My driver's side is doing the exact same thing, I just can't be bothered right now to fix it.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Turns out it was the crappy job of the previous owner tapping into the fusebox for power for the deck. Fixed that, but the door switches still don't work, the key lights comes on but it doesn't ding when the door's open and the door setting for the map lights doesn't work. Oh well, good enough I guess. :lol:

I was also reading the fusebox diagram upside-down, which delayed me for a while. :oops:
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Well the door sensors work now, it dings when the door's open, but only if the map lights switch is set to off. If it's set to door the lights won't go on and it won't ding when the door's open. :?

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”