For sale: 1993 MX3 with ZE Swap

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
zzzoomx3

For sale: 1993 MX3 with ZE Swap

Post by zzzoomx3 »

The time has come that I must get rid of the toy. My pride and joy. So here's the deal:

The Ze overheated, in turn, messing up the valves. Trying to get it home, the timing belt snapped. So...i can rebuild the engine and sell the car as a whole, or I am willing to sell it as a rolling chassis with a rebuildable engine. You can see all the specs and modifications here (http://www.synefx.com/mx3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). With the engine rebuilt, I would like to get somewhere around 3,000 but will consider serious reasonable offers. Without the engine rebuild, I would like to get at least 2,000.

I am having to sell my car, due to some serious debt that has been incurred - so, please - this is no laughing matter for me and don't have time to waste with tire kickers or people who just want to mess around and ask 20 questions just because they are curious. If you think the price is too high - save the commentary. If you want to make a serious offer, lets talk.

I have considered parting it out - but only if the buyers are serious and it can be done quickly and I do mean quickly.

Thank you for looking.

Have a good one.
Last edited by zzzoomx3 on November 21st, 2008, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: 1993 MX3 - ZE Swap - Aftermarket Heaven

Post by Custommx3 »

Fix the topic
zzzoomx3

Re: For sale: 1993 MX3 with ZE Swap

Post by zzzoomx3 »

I'm willing to part this car out: Stereo, wheels, clutch, exhaust, various car parts, anything - I just need money guys.

# T-304 Stainless Steel Headers/Straight Pipe/2.5" Custom Exhaust/Turbo II Muffler - $150<br>

# F1 Stage 3 Racing Clutch 6 Puck Fidanza Pressure Plate - $100

# UnderDrive Pulley - $30

# Short Shifter - $20

# 17 Inch Momo GTR2 Wheels w/tires - $250

# DropZone Springs 1.8" Drop - $100

# Audiobahn 10" Subwoofer (2) - $50/pair

# Eonon DVD (only) Player Head Unit/7" TFT Screen - $75

# Audiobahn A4002T/A4004T Amplifiers - $50/each

# 5.25" Audiobahn Component Speakers(F) - $40/pair

# 5.25" Audiobahn Mid-Bass Speakers(R) - $40/pair

# Audiobahn AX303X Crossover - $60

# Indiglo Gauges / GlowShift Air/Fuel Gauge - $20

# Carbon Gauge Bezel - $10

# Drilled/Slotted Rotors - $100

# KYB GT2 Struts - $75/set

# Front/Rear Strut Braces - $50/pair

# Cold Air Intake - $50
Last edited by zzzoomx3 on November 24th, 2008, 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Can you get me the model number on the TFT Display? How would you rate it? Was it bright enough to see on most days?
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Can you get me the model number on the TFT Display? How would you rate it? Was it bright enough to see on most days?
its the Eonon 626 - it worked beautifully, no matter what time of day and it has different settings for screen brightness, but i never had to mess with it. you can see the unit here -http://synefx.com/mx3.htm
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Ya it looks nice. I see you have a sub hooked up to it, but since the 626 does not have a sub out, are you using the rear outs for that? I have 2 amps in my car - 1 to power my front Polk MOMOs and one to power my sub. Both are run w/ my own wiring and not with the factory harness. I'm a stickler for music quality, and I have a JVC AR870 that has 3 preouts, 2 5v preouts and 1 2v sub out, gold plated that produce some nice music.

I'll look some more for some in depth specs on the 626 model.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Ya it looks nice. I see you have a sub hooked up to it, but since the 626 does not have a sub out, are you using the rear outs for that? I have 2 amps in my car - 1 to power my front Polk MOMOs and one to power my sub. Both are run w/ my own wiring and not with the factory harness. I'm a stickler for music quality, and I have a JVC AR870 that has 3 preouts, 2 5v preouts and 1 2v sub out, gold plated that produce some nice music.

I'll look some more for some in depth specs on the 626 model.

it has RCA outputs for everything and then some...i was trying to find the book on it this morning, i know i have it somewhere. i'm a picky audiophile myself and was impressed with the sound quality, from the unit - of course when you run RCA's at that point - its all about the amps and speakers.

here are the specs i know:
Screen Size: 7" TFT LCD
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 / 4:3
- Resolution: 480(H) x 3(RGB) x 34(V)
- Compatible Format: DVD/SVCD/VCD/DVCD/MP3/CD/CD-R/DVD-R/DVD+RW/DIVX/XIVD/ MPEG4
- Power Supply: DC10-15V
- Max Current: 4-15A
- Working Temperature: -20~60 ?
- Real time display
- Screen off when there is no signal detected
- Picture Rotation: up/down/left/right
- Built-in power amplifier with FR/FL/RR/RL speaker output
- Video 1 out/Video 2 out/Back car camera in/Video 1 in
- AUX Audio 1 L&R in/AUX Audio 1 L&R out
- Two-port TV antenna and radio antenna input
- TV System: NTSC/PAL
- USB/SD jack
- OSD Menu Language: English, French, Spanish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
- Subtitle/Audio: English, French, Spanish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
- DIVX Subtitle: Central Europe, Slavic Languages, Simplified Chinese
- FM(4 x 10) 87.5 - 108MHz, increasing 0.1MHz
- AM(1 x 10)520 - 1710KHz, increasing 10KHz
- Gross Weight: 2.8kg
- Net Weight: 2kg
- Package Size: 260(L) x 156(W) x 280(H)mm
- Install Size: 165(D) x 178(W) x 100(H)mm
Last edited by zzzoomx3 on November 24th, 2008, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

What does the screen look like when playing mp3s? The same as radio? Is there any way to play a screensaver type thing when listening to mp3s?
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

onlytrueromeo wrote:What does the screen look like when playing mp3s? The same as radio? Is there any way to play a screensaver type thing when listening to mp3s?
no - unfortunately not - it just shows you the menu of songs. one thing, though and i'm sure pointing this out will be a deal killer - but i did list it as a DVD player (only) - while it used to play mp3s and multitudes of other media - for some reason (i have no clue why) it stopped recognizing CD Audio, avi, wma, DivX and Mp3 discs. this happened several months after having it. but that is also why i'm selling it so cheap. to get around the whole no music thing - i just started buying music DVDs. but who knows - it might play the other formats after you install it - i've seen it happen before with other units.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

That makes sense! I will have to think on it. My ultimate goal is to build a carPC for myself, but I don't have the money or time for that, and won't anytime soon. That is still a really good price though!
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

onlytrueromeo wrote:That makes sense! I will have to think on it. My ultimate goal is to build a carPC for myself, but I don't have the money or time for that, and won't anytime soon. That is still a really good price though!
right on - the sooner the better - i just found out last week that i have a buttload of debt on me and i need to raise as much money as i can as quickly as i can.

car PCs are still very expensive - this would be a good start though, you can use it for the screen and what not, it has so many Video and RCA hookups, including SD card and USB.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Ya, thats what I was thinking. It looks like it fits alot better in your car than it does in other cars pictures I've seen it installed it. Most cars it seems to stick out 1-1.5" but it looks almost flush in yours. Does it just fit better in the mx3 or did you have to modify the brackets?
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Ya, thats what I was thinking. It looks like it fits alot better in your car than it does in other cars pictures I've seen it installed it. Most cars it seems to stick out 1-1.5" but it looks almost flush in yours. Does it just fit better in the mx3 or did you have to modify the brackets?

what brackets? lol it does stick out somewhat, but not 1.5" thats for sure and thats only because i didnt put an extreme amount of effort into creating brackets. i simply used some thin metal brackets used for speakers - its very hard to explain in writing - i could take a picture later today and post it - but i really wouldn't recommend doing what i did - its secure and all, but its fairly easy to steal, if they were so inclined. it could sit even farther back with some custom brackets, which is what is going to have to happen anyway - no one makes an install kit for this unit to go with the MX3
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

will take $1700 for the car as is...
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

CAR IS SOLD - MOD PLEASE CLOSE POST

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”