How to store tune up data on KLZE ECU

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
aguiloco

How to store tune up data on KLZE ECU

Post by aguiloco »

Hi, I have a problem tuning up my ZE, seems like the ECU doesn´t store the information after exit diagnostic mode, idle and timing go off. I read some post and I find that some ECUs needs to remove the jumper wire before stop the engine, this is true? how can I know what is the correct method for my ECU? I allways removed the jumper after stop the car.

Thanks a lot.
aguiloco

Re: How to store tune up data on KLZE ECU

Post by aguiloco »

I try to exit diagnostic mode this morning with and without the engine started, and my timing ups to 15º allways, RPM ups from 750 on diagnostic to 1000 in normal mode. The timing should advance if the engine revs up? is normal that I got 10º at 650RPM and 15º at 1000RPM?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Disconnect your negative battery cable and hold the brake peddle down for 15 sec's. This will clear the ECU's memory. Go into diags mode and try again. I always jump or disconnect from ten and grd with the engine off. Once this is completed let the engine run for at least 15 mins so the ECU can relearn the settings.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
aguiloco

Post by aguiloco »

I know about the ECU reset, I allways did it before any tune up.

Anyone knows if timing should stand at 10º on any RPM range?
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

The timing will automatically advance to the optimal setting when you increase the throttle. Not sure how high it goes, but it sounds like its working right.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”