Good mechanic?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
bmo

Good mechanic?

Post by bmo »

Hey all,

I'm looking for a good mechanic in the GTA... one you guys know/trust/etc. I don't mind doing easy maintenance work and whatnot, but as the story goes I'm just too busy to invest time into doing any kind of serious work on the car.

Where do you guys take your cars to have work done?

Brian
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Re: Good mechanic?

Post by fieromx3 »

i take mine to my houses garage to fix it i know my garage well and i trust it. :shrug:
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
bmo

Post by bmo »

lol, well unless you plan on working on my car at my house, I don't think that's going to be very much help - Georgetown isn't exactly close. I already said I don't have time to fix another vehicle, and no matter what you always need a mechanic you can trust... you can't do everything yourself all the time!

Any other ideas?

Brian
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

360 Auto Services
20 Heritage Rd , Unit 15
Markham, On L3P 3P3

647-886-8422

best guy i'd say
bmo

Post by bmo »

Thanks rekognize, I gave him a call. The shop isn't too far away either, which I like.

If anybody else has suggestions, I'd still like to hear them!

Brian
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Agincourt Mazda.... I work there.... I can get you discount parts like a good 30% off!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bmo

Post by bmo »

haha I know Colin... I've met you before. I was the guy that ordered the front spring from you a month ago or so and because the computers were down it didn't come in on the right day and it messed the whole situation up.

:)

I actually would like to replace the timing belt and water pump... maybe I'll stop by.

Brian
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

ohhHHHHhhh yes YOU! I remember! Yea sure stop by sometime!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Xearo

Post by Xearo »

bmo wrote: and no matter what you always need a mechanic you can trust... you can't do everything yourself all the time!
only time i couldn't do anythnig myself was getting a conditional pass for an e-test becuase the government doesn't recognise me to do that :P other than that...you can do everything yourself....and fyi, after i got my conditional, a month later i fixed the problem that 3 mechanics couldn't....so perhaps i have reason not to like mechanics....tons of cash for nothing..and about $50 to myself for a new ecu and vaf, boom...emissions = perfect
bmo

Post by bmo »

Xearo wrote:
bmo wrote: and no matter what you always need a mechanic you can trust... you can't do everything yourself all the time!
only time i couldn't do anythnig myself was getting a conditional pass for an e-test becuase the government doesn't recognise me to do that :P other than that...you can do everything yourself....and fyi, after i got my conditional, a month later i fixed the problem that 3 mechanics couldn't....so perhaps i have reason not to like mechanics....tons of cash for nothing..and about $50 to myself for a new ecu and vaf, boom...emissions = perfect
You may have missed the time qualification on my statement :) I have s--- to do... my car is used mainly for when it is unsuitable to ride my 636 - my real baby. I would rather just pay the (much cheaper) cost of having somebody else fix problems when I know what they are, and spend time on keeping the bike running well, since labor and parts (and availability) are harder to come by and more expensive.

Colin, I'm definitely going to come by. Hopefully the dealership can fix this freaking sunroof too, I'm tired of tooling around with it (and putting a tarp over my car when it rains...).

Brian

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”