couple of problems

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
xerostatus

couple of problems

Post by xerostatus »

ok so recently ive noticed a knocking noise when i turn hard. I dont remember if its the left only, right only, or both because it hasnt really happened often enough for me to remember. and then just the other night, after a long one and a half hour drive (in 5th gear the entire time) i came to my exit, came to a stop, realized my clutch was shot. the pedal was soft, and i was unable to get it in any gear. i turned off the engine and threw it into first and started the car, and basically it felt like the clutch was half-way engaged or something. eventually, after about a minute or so the clutch just magically started working again, and was fine the rest of the way home. i noticed that immediately after the clutch started working, i heard the knocking sounds again. related?

any help or shove in the right direction would be appreciated =)
1995 MX-6 LS
1992 MX-3 ZE (busted up)
==========================
http://www.cardomain.com/id/xerostatus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx3boyze

Re: couple of problems

Post by mx3boyze »

Got Clutch Fluid?
msd-supermx3

Post by msd-supermx3 »

there could be alot of things that can be knocjing. Like on the turns it could be that your CV axles are goin. or your arm bushings or alot of other things.
bout the clutch, check that u actually got fluid filled up in the reservoir and check for your clutch line leaks, if everything is just fine then im sure your clutch is gone or slipin for now.
Check where the clutch mount is, see if there are any dust from like the clutch, or any metal little things, if there is CLUTCH CHANGE lol

hope this helps...
noluv

Post by noluv »

hi,
ive just sorted my knocking noises,it was the cv gaiter,the zip tie had com loose,tightend it and it was sorted.
get your front wheels off and have a look and see if any things not right.
atb

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”