Painting your own MX3

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Painting your own MX3

Post by Dali »

best bet is to get a paint shop to do all the work. ive painted alot of stuff over the years and cars are far from easy to do, i did my winter beater last winter and i have to redo it due to the thinners hanging in the air and ruining the finish. if you want a nice job get someone to do it, if it does not matter try it yourself. thats why there are proffesionals, if youre going to try get some help and paint something else to learn on.
1993 White gs klze.
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

I forgot to add if you don't have any of the tools like the paint gun, sander, compressor and everything else you need to paint the car then after you buy all those you will probably spend the same amount if not more than a professional paint job would've cost you in the first place.
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
K8Boosted

Post by K8Boosted »

I sprayed my mx at age 16 myself with the guide of my father and a professional..
My father and I replaced the driver side quarter panel, and reworked the other side.. Dam Mazda for that body line through the quarter panel... Also flawless bodykit fitment took over 100 hours The car was prepped flawlessly.. I bought a professional refinishers guide and followed it word for word purchasing the exact products it recommended..

We then built a spray booth.. just out of 2 by four and plastic with exhaust fans and fil

After all precautions taken I went ahead

The paint turn out good to the average eye.. but no where near the expectations after all the work...
Total cost with materials, booth etc over 2,000,, plus the time,

I could of spent around 4 grand after my extensive body work and had a paint job of professional show quality..
But i do not regret one bit..
I now work at a dealer body shop partime as i attend school making loads of money (just sanding and buffing etc)
Ive prepped and sprayed 2 cars of friends and working on my mx over the winter..

If you are serious car enthusiast learn to paint.... Like anything practice makes perfect
If you pay someone to spray your car thats fine. I would try to cut cost anywhere possible
but the gratitude of doing a great paint job yourself and the respect you get is great..

Painting/Bodywork cars is flat out the most extensive work you can The time and know how makes mechanical and tuning look like child’s play....

Most cases if you just want your car to look good pay to get it painted...
If you take car customization as a serious hobbies Paint yourself first try will most likely turn out for s--- but with some practice…… its I believe to best possible do it yourself attribute you can have with cars
Haha some of this was an excerpt from a paper I wrote for high school sophomore year lol
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx-3 Kl Turbo (Weekend/show car)
95 talon tsi awd (Daily Driver For Sale 6,000 or Trade for a Mx
1989 Cbr600 (StreetFighter/Stunt Bike)
1967 Winnebago Motor Home (Pimped out Party Bus a friend and I went in halfs on)
1972 gremlin X Turbo Diesel :) , 1999 VR4 Fathers Cars that i end up working on and drving alot

Return to “Appearance”