ebay turbos

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
polaris800

ebay turbos

Post by polaris800 »

ok so i was wondering if anyone on here has bought one and if there any good? and i was looking at one with a new design what do yall think

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97-Pr ... enameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
polaris800

Re: ebay turbos

Post by polaris800 »

and this one thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97-fo ... enameZWD1V" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

a lot of people say to get the pipes and piece together a kit with brand name parts. do a search, there is a lot of information here.
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

When you get a whole kit for the price of a turbo alone... that means you are running off a free turbo. Does that like a good idea to you? :idea:
Sh!tty parts blow engines.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote: Sh!tty parts blow engines.
A great way to think of it, especially with eBay parts. Some parts you might be able to get cheap but when it comes to increasing the engine pressure, you need to make sure it's under control. For example, if you had a cheap wastegate and that broke while your foot is to the floor at full boost, you could lose pressure regulation and cause detonation. A friend of mine just turboed his BMW M3 and his first wastegate malfunctioned and causing his 9 PSI setup to increase to 23!! The end result, just lifted cylinder heads. BUT, with our engines, I dont think we would be as fortunate. Just be careful when it comes to serious horsepower.

Hope this helps.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ebay turbos are no good. the ONLY way it will work is if you are lucky like se7en lol

you NEED to use a 00.60 restrictor.. or else..

also...
i went trough 3 EBAY turbos...

i bought a real garrett one.. 380 which is a steal.

Dont but the chinese... their auctions state NO REFUNDS.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

hgallegos915 wrote:Ebay turbos are no good. the ONLY way it will work is if you are lucky like se7en lol

you NEED to use a 00.60 restrictor.. or else..

also...
i went trough 3 EBAY turbos...

i bought a real garrett one.. 380 which is a steal.

Dont but the chinese... their auctions state NO REFUNDS.
is this a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-to-T4 ... enameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
94 mx3 rs
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

It is a rebuild kit that just so happens to double as an upgrade for the T3. Looks like you need to have a garrett T3 already. Housing is not cast with the garrett name in it... a little odd. I would not trust it.

I would really stop trying to find the easy way out. Research a few companies and get ready to drop a thousand on a turbo.
K8Boosted

Post by K8Boosted »

I have some experiance with ebay turbo,,, for the price there great,, but yes lets just say youll be a pro at rebuilds on them... Too say suck it up and drop a grand on a turbo is not right in many cases keep an eye out and youll find quality garretts perfect for the job for around 3 to 4 hundred
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx-3 Kl Turbo (Weekend/show car)
95 talon tsi awd (Daily Driver For Sale 6,000 or Trade for a Mx
1989 Cbr600 (StreetFighter/Stunt Bike)
1967 Winnebago Motor Home (Pimped out Party Bus a friend and I went in halfs on)
1972 gremlin X Turbo Diesel :) , 1999 VR4 Fathers Cars that i end up working on and drving alot
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

just go get yourself a holset, youll be happy
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

mitmaks wrote:holset
what is that?
94 mx3 rs
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

You want something sorta like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0287863807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

neli_nael wrote:
mitmaks wrote:holset
what is that?
a name brand turbo. Dodge cummins trucks used these for years, reliable, well priced turbos...
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”