MX-3 Slow Oil Leak Please Help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Eddie5150

MX-3 Slow Oil Leak Please Help

Post by Eddie5150 »

Hey Gang
Went for an oil change today and confirmed the fact I have a slow oil leak on my 93 V6 MX3. Allegedly the cam seals are leaking and they want to charge me 1000.00 in parts and labor to fix. For this price should I just have the engine rebuilt? The leak is very slow but under the engine is wet.
Also-Even if I riggged it somehow and sealed the leak wouldnt this just be like putting a bandaid over the problem?
Im not too mechanically inclined so any advice on how to proceed is appreciated.

Thanks!
Ed
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: MX-3 Slow Oil Leak Please Help

Post by mitmaks »

time to get Klze, meanwhile keep adding oil to that old k8 to keep it running just long enough to last till swap.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Eddie5150

Post by Eddie5150 »

Whats all that?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

OMG are you serious? LOL please read the forums.

If you are going to pay 1000 dllrs to fix it.. might as well just keep adding oil intil it does.. then swap it for a klde or a klze
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

where did you take that car jiffy lube? yeah they saw you a mile away when you came in!!! for a moderate fix use lucas oil treatment, do not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! use a slick 50 or duralube or prolong may as well put bleach in your motor. more then likely its the valve cover gaskets which are faily expensive at about $100 and intake gasket set $25 almost a tenth of what you would spend, also for a shipped klze which is a j spec motor that makes almost 200 hp stock. let me guess you were a honda guy at one time? the motor can be had for usually $900 shipped
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
Eddie5150

Post by Eddie5150 »

Where can I find out more about Klze motors? I never owned a Honda, I was a truck guy, but I love this little car to death. Can you tell me a little more bout this lucas oil treatment and a reliable contact for the 900.00 engine? Thanks a lot!
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

lucas oil treatment is an oil stabilizer additve that thickens the viscosity of you oil so it is less likely to burn and seep out of seals, and can condition the seals and make them not leak so much. you can try jdm engine corp. thats where mine is from others can also give you pointers on where to buy if you post it. a klze is a japanese spec 2.5l v6 vs the k8 1.8l v6 found in the gs model mx3. the klze is the more powerful brethen to the american spec 2.5l found in the mx6 and probe gt. the klze makes about 200hp and 170lb ft of torque the klde american spec 2.5 v6 makes 165hp and 165 lb ft of torue the k8 v6 makes 135hp and 118lb ft of torque. by going with even a klde it transforms the car completely!!! check out my profile the link on my tag
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
Eddie5150

Post by Eddie5150 »

Thanks so much! Sorry it took me so long to respond. I will let you know what happens!

God Bless!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”