Removing The Stock Antenna?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

Removing The Stock Antenna?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

What's the trick to removing the antenna besides the 2 top screws? Is there something in the A-pillar that needs to be disconnected? Maybe it's the antenna cable that's ran tight from the factory?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
ninjajim4

Re: Removing The Stock Antenna?

Post by ninjajim4 »

there's definitely not anymore screws, but i think there maybe some clips behind the pillar cover, so take a look. i'm pretty sure i broke the stockie yanking it out, but then my antenna was stuck in, in the first place. the plastic sheath was what i had trouble with... i bet if you do right (instead of what i did), you should be able to push it out from the inside pretty easy
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Mike why didn't you ask me at the show! I got everything shaved! there is the 2 screws... which are usually rusted in, then I remember I think a couple clips on the pillar... then I just got fed up and cut the line! ahahah
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

^ yes the obvious 2 screws on top but then the cable runs threw your A piller under the dash, which it is zip tied in and you almost have to pull the dash to get it out. But just find the zip ties cut them off and pull it through the roof. Mine is shaved also (to reduce weight lol if any :shrug: )
nightridergsr

Post by nightridergsr »

I cut mine to get it out :lol:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”