[WTB] Heater hose connection thingy for 92 GS

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
onlytrueromeo

[WTB] Heater hose connection thingy for 92 GS

Post by onlytrueromeo »

When I was dropping my 2nd ZE in (yeah my 1st had a bad head gasket) the rear mount cracked my heater hose connection thing off my firewall. If anyone can get one of these, that would be sweet. I'll take a picture if anyone needs.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: [WTB] Heater hose connection thingy for 92 GS

Post by Mooneggs »

is it the special connector that like clips in? does coolant run through that line?
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

ya, that one. It broke and no one can buy a new one. I have to double check that the part that broke is the same as the clip piece thingy, but I can't see how it's not as its just where the hose connects to it. It'l be a day or so because classes start monday and my car is at the shop getting an alignment and NYS inspection since I just registered it a week ago. Still got a bit of work to do on it, I'm really hoping it passes inspection...

Pics soon of this part and of the car itself. I never started a worklog, but I do have some pics. I did a heck of a lot to the car. Looks wayyy better than it did, and handles amazing compared to my stock RS, but I guess a GC setup lowered 1.5 inches will do that. ZE is awesome, but the chip hasn't come in yet and my idle is off from a TB air leak and the TPS being completely outta wack (hadda install one on my TB but havnt had the time to set w. an OHM meter.)
mudflap13

Post by mudflap13 »

just take the broke pieces off and connect the hoses directly with good hose clamps i did it to mine and all my customers that come my way due to the fact that its a very weak part of the cooling/heating system any questions just ask :welder:
LIFE IS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITED, TERMINAL, DESIESE. AND WE ALL SUFFER FROM IT.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ya I'm not sure why those parts are there. The hoses should provide enough flex. I'll have a look and if I can figure out how to get them off I'll have a set. Now as for replacing with tjust the hose. Those hoses are specially curved so you reeally need to use them. If you eliminate that part won't the hoses be too short?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Ya I still have the hose andue to taking that piece offd I wouldn't recommend trying to run a straight hose and bending it to fit. The hose is in fine condition. If I need to extend it due to taking that piece off, I'll just ask to go behind the counter again and my local parts store and find a piece of molded heater hose from another car that will fit. I had to do that with my lower radiator hose, as no one had one for my car, and it was a dealer only part...lol. they wanted 40$ and a week of time, so I just bought 6 different ones from PepBoys, found one that fit well enough, and returned the rest.

THanks for the tips on removing the piece, I'll try that and see what happens.
mudflap13

Post by mudflap13 »

yes tru they may be a bit short after removal of the pieces they're primarly use at the factory to ease install of the engines because there a pin in the a** to get to as for using regular heater yes its is very thin and weak but can be done but since i know better i use some 5/8 inch 200psi good year air hose for streangth and longevity its been on for over a year with no problems so far
mudflap13

Post by mudflap13 »

just make shure u put the hose clamps up past the little ridge on the heater core to keep from slippin off due to pressure and heat :welder:

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”