Guys I need help.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Semtexs_MX-3

Guys I need help.

Post by Semtexs_MX-3 »

I have a question in relation to the cockpit guages for the MX-3,

I bought a set of white/blue gauges and had them fitted by a machanic friend,. However he bust all the dial knobs and now I dont know how much petrol is in the engine or what speed im going or the revs im using or even the tempreture of the Engine. I now need to replace the whole clock setup.

I guess my question is this " is there a preformance clock system out there with a white/glowing blue dial set up???? and where can i buy it if there is, Also has anyone else had the same problems???? let me know ,,,,

Thx...
Semtex....
Matt

Re: Guys I need help.

Post by Matt »

Well if I understand that entire blurb right, you want an aftermarket look for your guages?

Ebay > "Reverse Glow Guage Mx3" something like that, its like $50 to your door for the reverse glows. Easy to install, looks good at night. im going to be getting some soon. Mooneggs is selling some not sure if he still has any left.
Semtexs_MX-3

Post by Semtexs_MX-3 »

Yeah thats what I got and the guy completely fcuked my clock up. Now I have to replace the clock completely, So I was wondering if there was a Complete clock system with the White/Blue faces out there for the MX-3.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

All of the MX3 clusters are exactly the same, came from factory only as one possiblity. Go get another one from a scrap yard with approximately the same K's, put your guages on without breaking anything, and then you're good to go.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

If he was a friend he should make good and get you another set for free. If he's a licenced mechanic I'd take him to court with the bill it's that simple.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

He got the reverse glow guages, and did the typical quick install, and broke the needle. This is common. I don't have these, but I do recall there being a write-up on how to put the needle back on. It will take a bit of searching, but the info is here, somewhere.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Semtexs_MX-3

Post by Semtexs_MX-3 »

Does anyone know of someone who has successfully fitted the glow dials to a mazda mx-3???

I have got a second hand off eBay and will get someone other than my mate to fit it but I dont know if I should risk another clock as well ,,

Anyone got some advise, ???
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Many of us have.

Takes patience. Mine, I shaved off the tail tip of the speedo and tach. For the fuel and temp, I just randomly wiggled them and they actually moved beyond their top stop point. How they did that I don't know, but it helped out alot. I don't know how I would of gotten those ones on if they didn't. Oh, and I cut a slit from the clock set knob, that helped alot too.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

It just so happens I did a how to in the APPEARANCE FAQ

:shock:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Semtexs_MX-3

Post by Semtexs_MX-3 »

Thanks for the assist guys I will let you know how its goes.

Return to “Appearance”