Can you use a DE Throttle Body on a K8??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
colinsmx3

Can you use a DE Throttle Body on a K8??

Post by colinsmx3 »

Hey just wondering if it is possible to use the DE throttle body on the K8 intake Manifold do direct bolt it on?? Are the TPS's the same if not I will swap them? I will change the IAC anyway to mine! I know the K8 is 55mm and the DE is 60mm. I am asking cause I noticed Corksport has the Boder throttle bodies for $136 but it's only 3mm bigger then stock which is still smaller then the DE.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Re: Can you use a DE Throttle Body on a K8??

Post by fieromx3 »

not really colin.. the DE TB has a big a-- vaccum port on the iac... the K8 doesnt unless u get a reducing couple (mind went blank cant think of the word lol) and attatch it to a vacuum port on ur k8 im it wont work..

without the vacuum port connected on the DE TB it will idle like complete crap or not even idle at all.. im only speaking this cuz of my own experience first hand

plus the iac is flipped on the DE so it will be hitting ur coolant tube so u cant even bolt it on lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

hmmmm I may be able to do that, I mean I am considering it cause I can get the throttle bodies for $30 at the junkers down the road from my work! But if I am changing the DE IAC to my K8 it should be fine right or is it the inside at the bottom of the DE different?
ImageImageImage
blaudust7

Post by blaudust7 »

I would not recommend doing it. I put the millenia TB on my K8 and it did run like crap, like fieromx3 said. The IAC was different. It makes the ECU all out of whack. Luckily I only spent 40.00 on it. I put the original back on. Runs great now.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

colin, why dont you just swap out the k8? then you have endless possibilities :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

My engine is next to brand new! I bought the car from a drag racing mechanic that was going to race it in the FWD Import class since he did Domestic RWD.... So he rebuilt the motor all gaskets and such made it like new 1 yr ago! So I can't justify taking out a perfect motor when there is nothing wrong with it! :shrug: I rather do little things here and there, not to mention I don't want to do the ZE since the MAJORITY of ppl have them I wanna do something different! Maybe over winter when the car is in storage I will do the engine. :welder:
ImageImageImage
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

colinsmx3 wrote:I wanna do something different!
Exactly, that kind of mod goes with the lines of what Colin does. It's nice to people to try new things rather than do what's already been done.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”