knock sensor replacement

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

knock sensor replacement

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Im changing out my knock sensor today and I have the intake manifold off but I dont see a way to get to my knock sensor. its deep in there and it almost looks like I would have to take the front head off. does anyone have any sugestions on what I should be doing here? I can't find my chiltons manual so i'm flying blind...
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Re: knock sensor replacement

Post by V8KOMX3 »

update
Well I got almost all the way done. I had one bolt to go on what appears to be a hard metal coolant line. (the back bolt) but I didnt have any tools that could break this bolt free. once I find something that can get that bolt loose I think I will be able to access the knock sensor area. Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of 12 mm tool I need to get this final bolt? my socket didnt work nor did my open end or box end wrench. Why does everything on this car have to have one piece that ends up being complicated and makes a 1 hour job turn into mulitple days :(
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I used a really small socket and a wrench. it did the trick but was hard.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

after you get the 4 bolts off from the thermostat housing, 2 on each side (btw the lower bolt a 1/4 inch universal joint adapter makes it easy)

then the 2 coolant pipes between the heads just pull out from the front of the motor, they are just stuck in there and have o-rings on the end.

its pretty easy once you do it the first time :lol:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Replace O rings (seals) with new ones.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”