what did i do?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
huntingking01

what did i do?

Post by huntingking01 »

i have a 93 1.8l gs and the belt broke while i was driving it but that is simple to fix (i hope) this all happened after a burnout competition with a buddy of mine(which i won hands down) the car after the burn out felt like it was loosing power stearing pressure and sounded like a gear was grinding on every turn i took. any ideas on what i did to the car and how bad is it??
colinsmx3

Re: what did i do?

Post by colinsmx3 »

Well first off you shouldn't have been doing a burn out in the first place! :roll: Put on a new belt and there you go. If the problem is still there you may have done something to your rack or CV in this case a simple burn out just costed you some money, as your friend drives away, I say he won....
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
huntingking01

Post by huntingking01 »

his car was towed away he blew the tranny
msd-supermx3

Post by msd-supermx3 »

th etranny can't really grind on anything no matter if your car as upside down. lol

but i will agree with colinsmx3, cuz i think it could be the CV axle that broke on the inside, and the pwr steering pump might have blown the o ring on the out pipe. the steering rack might have been damaged as well, but only if you were cranking the wheel left and right while doing a burn out.
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

lol cars not made to do a burn out in the first place....Mind you what FWD car is? :?

If you did snap the power steering pump belt then yes you would loose all power steering and yes it would sound really bad when turning left or right.

Kids like you should be only driving Honda's, this is what puts down all other tuners is people like you.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
huntingking01

Post by huntingking01 »

well thanks for all the help and everyone is right i should have never done a burnout in the first place it was stupid and fulish of me
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I did a burnout once that dug 1/2 inch into a Macdonalds parking lot. It was Glorious, smoke like you wouldn't believe. Next day my buddy backed up to the entrance to Macdonalds. I held the door open, he did a burnout and we smoked the place out. Fire trucks came, people came out coughing and everything. Man I loved being young and stupid. My hats off to you huntingking01 :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”