My other, other, other, other ride!

Off-Topic Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

My other, other, other, other ride!

Post by fowljesse »

I just finished building this for me, and my girl to get around Burning Man (It's a 90,000ish person party that's about 5 miles in diameter.)
It's an 80cc 6.5 HP engine on Tandem bike. We took it out aroung the 'hood, and went as fast as I felt comfortable.. about 30 mph.
After it's over, I'm going to put it on my racing bike, and tune it for about 50 mph.
The exhaust didn't fit over the frame, so I put it on like that for now. I'm having it bent in a couple of days.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
TOOgreezy

Re: My other, other, other, other ride!

Post by TOOgreezy »

looooollll sickkkk ride
is that nos i see?
[1996 Mx-3 GS]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Nah, that's my girlfriend :)
I'm thinking about getting the N02 kit for it, when I put it on my mountaun bike! It's just a little Whipped cream cracker type, like you'd find at a Rave.
This thing is fun, but a little squirrley, so I keep it under 30ish. I'll put up pics again, when I'm going faster on another bike. I've been up to 75mph, on the bike I'm putting it on (I was being pulled by a Motorcycle, and let go), so I know the bike can handle it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Looks like you need to aim the exhaust downwards or else
1) you might burn the southside of whoever sitting up front
2) whoever is sitting at the backseat is going to feel "enlightened" after a few hours (unless that is the plan)...

Now if you put fuel injector and megasquirt - it might be a different story ....
Leedeth

Post by Leedeth »

That's awesome! I always thought a motorized bicycle would be cool.
92 MX-3 RS (B6-ME, MTX) - front/rear strut bars
TOOgreezy

Post by TOOgreezy »

fowljesse wrote:Nah, that's my girlfriend :)
I'm thinking about getting the N02 kit for it, when I put it on my mountaun bike! It's just a little Whipped cream cracker type, like you'd find at a Rave.
This thing is fun, but a little squirrley, so I keep it under 30ish. I'll put up pics again, when I'm going faster on another bike. I've been up to 75mph, on the bike I'm putting it on (I was being pulled by a Motorcycle, and let go), so I know the bike can handle it.
niseee
[1996 Mx-3 GS]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:werd: Shameem
fowljesse wrote: I'm having it bent in a couple of days.
I'm thinkng about how to run a turbo with one of these engines..
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Oops my bad - i didnt read it fully ... i am a visual person.... honestly.... sometimes.....
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Oil the chain.
Is that a JDM muffler?
For anyone else interested a chain saw motor works well too.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

dude I am coming over to ride this - lol or maybe you could ride it to my house 8)
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

... post nudes of teh wife...

just joking!
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Pwahahaha! This year, at The Man, she'll probably go in just silver paint. Last year, she did the bike ride with about 5,000 nude, and topless women.
The chains are being replaced. I just was too excited to put on the engine :welder: to actually fix up the bike.
I'm looking into getting an expansion chamber, for more power. If anyone knows where I can get one, I'd appreciate the info!
I was going to invite you, moon... if you dare!
MCNano117

Post by MCNano117 »

fowljesse wrote:5,000 nude, and topless women.

Pics or GTFO!

J/K :(
1994 Mazda MX3 RS | Rebuilt B6DE | Stock
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:twisted: Just Google image "Critical T!ts"
I just upgraded the muffler, and changed the coil wire to NGK. Tomorrow, I'm going to see if a MSD Blaster SS coil will work. I'm looking for an expansion chamber, for more power, and freer flower air filter. Gonna build a CAI :lol:
I rode it today, and it freaking screams! Maybe the engine broke in, and my upgrades worked, but I could easily get a good bicycle up to 70 with this thing.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I might have a pipe that works. How is the power out of that engine. Two stroke right? You gotta come over and see all my two stroke toys!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “Off-Topic”