Complex rim fitment. Need your help.

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Audessy

Complex rim fitment. Need your help.

Post by Audessy »

I want to go with American Racing Ar-23 5 lug. They're 15x8's.

Ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0245478287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll be using 4 lug to 5 converters. They space roughly 2 inches.

Ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0239044158" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know it's going to stick out a bit. I'm just having trouble figure out exactly how far. My body kit makes the wheels look a little sunk in.

I really like the look and the 8 inch width. I'm going to be putting 205/50/15 Bf Goodrich Drag T/A's on which is close to the stock overall diameter and should come out to 8 inches wide.
yence

Re: Complex rim fitment. Need your help.

Post by yence »

The offset is already 51mm more outwards then stock. The spacers add over 50mm more and the rims are 2inch wider then stock. That means they'll stick out over 125mm more to the outside total. I'v had ET45 / 7J wide rims with 1inch spacers, those already didn't fit inside the weelwell.

also 205/50 are not supposed to be fitted to 8J rims (7J max). You'll need 235/50's or something with a 45% tirewall.
1995 noble green MX-3 RS (sold)
1994 clear white MX-3 GS (r.i.p.)
1987 white RX-7 FC
1993 mighty grey MX-3 GS
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

That sounds like you'll end up looking like a 4x4... I saw this one in an ad the other day where some guy welded two steelies back to back and mounted them on his F350.... the selling phrase was "good swamp truck."

Must you have those exact ones? I don't know, but maybe there are hubs you can swap in, maybe from a MX6? Are they 5 bolt?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Audessy

Post by Audessy »

Alright. That sounds like waaayyy too much. So you're saying they'll stick out 4.9 inches from the fender? It would make it look like some crazy dune buggy. Nevermind then. Thanks for the advice.
yence

Post by yence »

No not that much, 5inch more then stock, but stock you have quit a bit of room left. With rolled fenders and a bit more negative camber, they'll still stick out over 35mm (+/- 1,5 inch).
1995 noble green MX-3 RS (sold)
1994 clear white MX-3 GS (r.i.p.)
1987 white RX-7 FC
1993 mighty grey MX-3 GS

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”