throttle body

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
blaudust7

throttle body

Post by blaudust7 »

I put a millenia throttle body on my mx-3 gs to upgrade. The screw on top of the TB is 1/2 turn out from closed position, any more turns out and the rpms will rise (GND TEN mode). The rpms will also rise to about 1000 or more when i shift into gear (with more than 1/2 turn out). With 1/2 turn out it idles just above the first line after 0 (rpm gauge) and idles at about 800 when in gear. My throttle position screw broke on my original TB and thats why I bought the upgrade. Well, it turns out my car ran better and even had more performance with out the screw and before this upgrade. My new TB has two position screws which are barely even touching the throttle. Any adjustment in is way too much rpm reading. WTF! Makes no sense to me. On top of that my car is missing a little and produces more smoke. My IAC reads high. What can I do? Should I put my original throttle body back in?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: throttle body

Post by Daninski »

The throttle screw is factory set and painted and usually shouldn't be touched. If your car ran ok with the other throttle body how do you know this one is any good?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: throttle body

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Actually 1) The TB is for a 2.5L V6, the amount of air it'll be letting through for idle would normally be more making it difficult to set 2) I wouldn't be surprised if the IAC on the KL's are different than the K8, sending different signals to the ECU 3) You need to get your idle while in diagnostic mode.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”