Engine swap in Winnipeg

Manitoba / Saskatchewan Mx-3 owners and surrounding areas
feardustz

Engine swap in Winnipeg

Post by feardustz »

Hey everyone..need some help here..
Is there any shop in Winnipeg who'll do the job??
and any suggestion for the type of the engine which will be good for my mx-3...
Thanks guys...girls...=)
ReMXed-95

Re: Engine swap in Winnipeg

Post by ReMXed-95 »

what kind of performance are you going for with an engine swap? you can do a turbo at 7psi boost a BPT bottom end from a 323 and get 200horsepower. thats the route im going. but a decent swap would be an engine from a KL-ZE/ J-Spec MX-6 with a manual transmission. Im not sure what shop would do it in Winnipeg, but id expect to pay a decent amount of money to do it.

KL-03:
Mazda 626 & MX-6 - 1993-97
Ford Probe GT - 1993-97
162 to 167hp @ 5600 to 6000 rpm (*), CR 9.2:1
(*) Varies from one model to another

KL-ZE is to be found ONLY in J-spec cars (ie. Right hand drive, Japan and Australia, maybe imports in UK)

Eunos 800 (Mazda 626 & MX-6) - 1998+, Only in Japan
Xedos 9 (Mazda 929 & Millenia)
200 hp @ 6500 rpm, CR 10:1

NOTES:
2.5L KL-ZE engine only ever came in Automatic Transmission equipped models of the Eunos 800.
A rare find but was also available on J-Spec, MX-6's with A Manual Transmission.
I have found at least 5 variations of the "standard" KL and 3 on the 'ZE. This does not include the still born KL-T or the KL SOHC which is rated at 158hp but the torque much higher than a DOHC. There is also a KL Diesel and TDI. The SOHC and Diesels were never used in North America or Europe.

Hope that all helps
KYB-GR2 struts, BG 2" lowering springs, Pearl red paint, Tint, Carbon tails, Short ram intake, Engine swap, Short throw shifter, Custom interior, 2 12" subs, Custom sound, Mazdaspeed ignition, K2 smoked mirrors, Front/ rear Corksport strut bars, Shaved rear wiper, Motegi MR7 17" gunmetal rims with ZR rated low profiles, RS 14" Honeycomb rims, Upgraded brakes and lines and alot more http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3085354
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

if you have a 4 cyl scrap what the guy said about the kl engines..... they will be way to much work to put into a 4 cyl body. if you have a 4 cyl go with a bp. just search around on here and you ll find what you need. if its a v6 then go with the kl de or klze.... just call around to performance shops and see if theyd do the job. try motion performance on route 90.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
dewyn

Post by dewyn »

Jacksons autosport... on speers road just search it its off Lagimodiere south east end of winnipeg.... I live right near them and they said it would be about $1100-1300 depending on what exactly needs to be done.... its just a small walk-in shop
the_anj

Post by the_anj »

X2 for Jackson. They're probably the only ones in the city who really know the KL engines (including mazda, most of them have no clue about the KL's)
I took my car to them to work out the bugs, and they're great with these cars. My car is actually there right now getting the final bugs worked out... should have it back to have some fun by tonight :mrgreen:
'94 GS-DE
dewyn

Post by dewyn »

You should swing by my place my car will be parked out front of my place... just go down maginot until you hit the new houses in windsor park then follow it down brunet... first loop on the left.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

duuuude.... I think I saw this car this weekend? is it red?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
the_anj

Post by the_anj »

Mine's green... I hope no one saw my car this weekend. It should have been sleeping safely in Jackson's shop
'94 GS-DE

Return to “Manitoba / Saskatchewan Mx-3 Community”