Tired of road noise?! Cheap, easy solution:

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Tired of road noise?! Cheap, easy solution:

Post by fowljesse »

I bought this at Home Depot.

I stuck it on flush with gap, starting at just below where the A pillar goes below the top of the body panel, and it stopped at about the middle of the sill. I had to tear a little of it out where there is a corner, near the latch.

I also did the hatch, except the very top, because the way it opens pushes the weatherstripping out. I'm going to do something different there. You can se how it fills the gap, not allowing the air to circulate in there, causing noise. All the gaps look like this.

It takes a little extra energy to shut the doors, the first couple of times, but if it sits in the sun, it conforms, and is fine.
It cut road noise alot in mine because my weatherstripping is not good.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Leedeth

Re: Tired of road noise?! Cheap, easy solution:

Post by Leedeth »

Cool! How does it look with the door closed? Is it paintable?
92 MX-3 RS (B6-ME, MTX) - front/rear strut bars
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Tired of road noise?! Cheap, easy solution:

Post by fowljesse »

It's the same in all the gaps. I'm going to find a way to paint it, so it looks like I have no gaps, when I paint my car mirror black.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”