DIY Lambo doors

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Red_Power

DIY Lambo doors

Post by Red_Power »

Hi,
has anyone tried to make 60-90 degrees lambo doors ? How many lbs should be in the shocks so they could open and hold the doors in vertical 60 or 90 degrees position ?
I'd like to make em` by my self. Apriciate any kind of help.

Cheers..
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: DIY Lambo doors

Post by Mooneggs »

maybe you could search for the GB threads for lambo doors on this board and read through them... I seem to remember reading about the info you are seeking.

I think that colinsmx3 made his own kit and he has lambo doors... maybe contact him as well?
Red_Power

Post by Red_Power »

Ok, thanks for info. I realy appreciate that :)
I'll try to contact him, hope that he knows how much lbs should be those shocks and maybe he has some kind of charts for those lambo doors :)

Cheers
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

BAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMM
I used the Probe kit from GT factory.... We have the same A-pillars as the MX6 and probe so they bolted right on. A little hammering and banging to make them fit behind the fender! Just a note... on a daily driver they SUCK!! I drive my car every day and although I get a tone of looks it is a pain to use!! If you have a passenger be prepaied to open and close the door for them EVERY TIME GUY OR GIRL!
This was from the show yesterday.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

colinsmx3 wrote:If you have a passenger be prepaied to open and close the door for them EVERY TIME GUY OR GIRL!
exactly why though? because they will slam shut? or is it difficult to pull them down because the shocks are too powerful?
Savin

Post by Savin »

Moons, they'll probably forget it has lambo doors, lol. They'll try opening them like normal. Next thing you know *snap* and the door breaks off.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

EXACTLY Savin! 2 weekends ago my car was in my buddys wedding ceremont and the father of the bride opened my passenger door (to let out one of the brides maids) not realizing I was suppoed to do it and..... well I am missing some paint on my inner fender! If you just pull the handle to open it, it automaticly pushes up into the fender from the shock pressure! :crying: So it's much better off doing it ureself! :freak:
Not to mention if they try and close it they wont realize you have to keep pressure down on the door so it closes nicely!
ImageImageImage
Red_Power

Post by Red_Power »

I hope that i won't have such a problems :shock: Lambo doors looks very nice and i think that they worth to open the doors for every pasanger :)
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

well everyone I know has that same problem. And mine close like normal doors unlike alot of ppls who have to close it very slowlly! :shrug: They are only good and practicle if you show your car on a regular basis IMO, if I did not show my car I would take them off.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Appearance”