New Dome Light

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
bluechro

New Dome Light

Post by bluechro »

My latest project :)

More pics here...
Worklog! - updated Jun/26
npspears

Re: New Dome Light

Post by npspears »

Looks good. Are those blue LED's? Does it put out more light than the stock ones?
bluechro

Post by bluechro »

They're white, I'm not entirely sure why the picture looks blue. Puts out considerably more light than stock, and its a cool white, not that ugly beige-ish color. Definately prefer it over stock.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

why don't you just keep the stock dome light and put some super bright LED's in them?? :roll: The ones I got are so bright it's ridiculous :o

I used these...

http://autolumination.com/194.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and if you happen by those from that site there is another bulb similar that has 3 leds going down the side - take my advice since I bought them first and they are too long :?
bluechro

Post by bluechro »

That's what I did originally, and I really liked the look, but I wanted something different. The yellowed plastic over the light looked reaaaally bad.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i've thought of just replacing the dome lights a long time ago but never got around to it. do the leds still disperse the light well through the dome lens? or it just a big bright light in the middle of the car?
bluechro

Post by bluechro »

They're actually mounted on the outside of the lens. I was expecting a giant circle in the middle of the car, but it actually lights up the entire interior really nicely.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”