kia sephia coil packs?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
seboroth

kia sephia coil packs?

Post by seboroth »

Hey guys, I was recently looking over a kia sephia motor and realized that it looks very close to the b motors in our Mazdas. Now, I'm just throwing this out there, but has any tried putting the coil pack setup on the dohc motors? It looks like a cam sensor goes where the disturbior goes and then the coil packs go on top of the spark plugs. I know that there might be some computer work involved but just trying to get some thoughts rolling. What you think?
95' Mazda Mx-3
1986 bmw 325e-rust in peace
1996 Subaru Outback-Sold
2002 Bmw 325XIT
Savin

Re: kia sephia coil packs?

Post by Savin »

you do realize the kia sephia has a bp in it, right?
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
npspears

Post by npspears »

I would love to have coil packs in my car instead of the distributor. I know that limegreenmx-3 has coil packs in his mx-3 (he has two, not sure which one). I'm not sure about the whole ecu thing though, that would be the biggest problem I think. I'm sure limegreen will see this thread and chime in in a bit :D
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

the first gen kia shephia is the same 1.8 dohc BP 94-97

the 2nd gen kia shephia is a different 1.8 dohc kia version on the BP 98-02

not much in interchangeable to the mazda BP except the trans but the bell housing has to be swap to that of a mazda

what to go coil pack go MS-II

BOTH got coil pack TEC II standalone systems LOVE THEM
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
seboroth

Post by seboroth »

Thanks for the info, I figured maybe this might be a easier route to use.
95' Mazda Mx-3
1986 bmw 325e-rust in peace
1996 Subaru Outback-Sold
2002 Bmw 325XIT
npspears

Post by npspears »

Hey limegreen, can you explain a little about the TEC II coil pack system? Is it a hard installation? A write-up would be awesome :freak:
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i'll get into that but its no where as easy as u think. the TEC II was built with the ECU and DFU (aka coilpacks) as one unit.. the newer TEC's are built differently ecu and coil packs as separate units.. MAZDA20 didn't know what i meant by custom wiring harness all the oem BS removed and a cleaner looking engine bay..

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=65121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”