Zzzoomx3's Work Log - 1993 MX3 GS - KLZE

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
94drumx3

Re: Zzzoomx3's Work Log - 1993 MX3 GS - KLZE

Post by 94drumx3 »

great stuff! i'm gonna wind up putting one on mine too. eventually
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

its a great piece to add - combined with the front strut bar - it REALLY tightens the car up.

hopefully my FPR bracket will come in today and i can install that and make a work log on it.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

so much for the FPR tutorial tonight - after waiting weeks to get the bracket - the friggin thing fell down under the fuel rails - so i'm looking at removing my entire IM just to get the damn thing! i'm so pissed. i guess i'll use that time to polish up the IM and change out the injectors - ARGH!
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

well - i'm tinting my windows - if anyone would like a work log on it - let me know
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

are you tinting the hatch...definatley worklog material
ImageImageImageImage
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

tmac4t4 wrote:are you tinting the hatch...definatley worklog material
very true - but no - not yet - just the windows for now - i know how to - but i know its the hardest window to do because of the heater strips.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

hows the tinting coming along? you're doing it all yourself?
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

i did the side windows, but not the rear window - i cheated hardcore and took the windows out of the doors ( a whole 5 minutes to do - woohoo) and took it all into the living room - i have pics - but i think its a pretty self explanatory process, but i'll post them if you want. they came out really well - i had a couple of air bubbles on one window, but a few days in the texas sun took care of that :D, now they are looking really good.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

yeah sounds good! pictures are always a good thing
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

CHEATER!! takin the windows outta the doors! :lol: im j/k
i was thinkin if your doin the hatch its probably easiest to take the hatch right off so your not contortin urself like a pretzel :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

well - it has begun - the building of the sound system. i will be posting pics as i go along and at the end i will create a worklog of the process...enjoi :)

here's the stripped out trunk space - notice the old stereo wires - the power and ground are one side and the speaker and rca plugs on the other side this is the proper and safest way to run stereo wires - you should see this one guy on dfwmazdas forum - he spent 8 hours (so he says) and was so proud of his system it was a WRECK - wires everywhere, you couldnt tell what went where and all of his hardware was just srewed to a piece of wood just laying in his trunk..lol and he was SO proud of himself...we dogged him pretty good.

its o if the wires come out of the same hole as long as they are running parallel to each other and not for any great distance. once the wires came out of this hole, they immediately went to opposite sides of the amp.

here is everything - just waiting, waiting, waiting....

here's my room-mate cutting out the initial template - since they were his cutting tools - i let him play too :)

the template - cut out - it will refined on the edges to be more straight:

here is the completed base of the box - now i just need to make the braces that will hold the speakers and amps and then lay my fiberglass on top of that...the big hole in the middle is for the spare tire door. ;)

as you can see - my initial designed changed. instead of having the woofers on each side of the trunk - i put them on one side and the amps on the other with the crossover in the middle - and the distribution blocks and wiring will be seen behind a plexiglass window when you put the back seat down..
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

WARNING! Digging up old thread!

Still got a working link to your rear strut tower bar installation?

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”