m3 mirrors opinions

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: m3 mirrors opinions

Post by Custommx3 »

The description doesnt seem to mention it's a power mirror, you may not get what you expect.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

you might want to read it again - it says power in the title and in the description
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

My mistake, I did misread.

Go with stock, they look a bit ricey to me.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

x2

or get the jdm folding mirrors
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

i like the JDMs - but they are too hard too find - how do they look ricey, considering the idea came from german engineering (mercedes, bmw)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

zzzoomx3 wrote:i like the JDMs - but they are too hard too find - how do they look ricey, considering the idea came from german engineering (mercedes, bmw)
because they have a blue LED :roll: not to mention the mx-3 is all curves... no sharp edges like those m3 mirrors.

IMO, "rice" may include putting items from german manufacturer's on your japanese car :mrgreen:
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

well you and i have different opinions of rice - a good example of rice for me would be the MX3 i saw at the yard this weekend that had a VTEC sticker on it - i couldn't stop laughing. car manufacturers borrow ideas from each other all the time - like the blinker on the mirror - which is now on some japanese cars from the factory - so does that make them rice, because they got the idea from germany? :) as far the blue - i like it, because it will match the rest of my blue lights for show and as for the curves - yes they arent as curvy, but again i will just have to see what they look like, if i dont like it - then i wont leave them on - and someone else may want them...then it will be the end of that chapter in the story that is my MX3 :D
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

styles vary from place to place, where in the south east area, if you were caught with blue led mirrors you would be flamed from here to kingdom come for being a ricer. The south east seems to push more towards to Clean oem, slightly modded (lips, oem wings, jdm parts, manufacture body upgrades etc...), smaller rims 15-16, lowered, exhausts are getting quieter, cars are looking less like race cars and more like slighly modified oem rides with lots of performance. In all honesty it looks like more is going into the performance than the looks, Function over Form Finally seems to be taking over.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

being raised in germany, i was exposed to many styles of cars and i love the styling of european cars. i want to incorporate some of that styling here with my mx - when i had my miata it was completely different - it was all about the oem performance style you spoke of and my RX will be completely styled for racing with the widebody, CF, rollcage, the whole nine yards, but with my mx, since i want it to show - and its my first show car - im just experimenting with different things, mixing it up a bit, seeing where it leads me, as an artist by nature and profession and having worked on some of the most beautiful and exotic cars in the world at Norwoods, i would be going against everything i know to create something that was hideous or ricer...it may not be anyone else's style -but thats what the judges are for. ;) i get a lot of ideas from winning show cars already out there. at the last show i was at - i didnt enter to be judged but was able to park my car in the judging area - i got alot of compliments from the judges and other people, if i didnt have a hole in my rear bumper and my IM was polished, i would have entered, but from what i heard at that show - i feel pretty good about the direction i'm going with it and can't wait for HIN this year.
npspears

Post by npspears »

I've been thinking about getting these as well. Can't wait to see some pics.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

npspears wrote:I've been thinking about getting these as well. Can't wait to see some pics.
well - if i dont like them on my car - for whatever reason - i'll sell them to you :)
MCNano117

Post by MCNano117 »

Blue LED=Rice

If they were linked up to the turn signal that would be a different story though...

If you were really artistic you would mod stock parts as others have done.
1994 Mazda MX3 RS | Rebuilt B6DE | Stock
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

umm..they (blue lights) are the blinker - you can switch it from amber to blue. and i'm way ahead of you as far as fabricating parts - have been talking to some guys already about it and have some pretty original ideas. :) why are people so quick to dis, without even asking first?
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

This point has been mentioned many times in this thread - but just in case some newb missed/misread it -
Flashing/blinking blue lights are illegal (in US)- only emergency vehicles are allowed to use those.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=60594" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MCNano117

Post by MCNano117 »

Key word here is "if".
1994 Mazda MX3 RS | Rebuilt B6DE | Stock

Return to “Appearance”