da da da....Another one bites the dust

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Devlin

da da da....Another one bites the dust

Post by Devlin »

And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust

Well, I'm sure most of you who know me personally already know this, but my MX is no more :(

http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=43.70 ... 13518&z=17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beware this corner in Toronto. Here's what happened...
Right near Victoria Park and St Clair Ave
I was on Ferris Rd (EB) at the stopsign about to cross Dawes Rd to get to the traffic lights for Victoria Park.
I checked left, no traffic
Checked Right, it was clear, so I go.
Right then, someone comes on to that ramp from Victoria Park, and apparently they don't have a stop sign.
I didn't see them cuz they weren't there when i looked, and bang, hit me just infront of the drivers-side from wheel.
BTW, if anyone is in that area and happens to find a pair of glasses...please let me know, because I couldn't find them in the car afterwords.
But ya, basically I'm legally at fault, despite the fact that technically I did nothing wrong. That should honestly be a 4-way stop. The cop even told me that it's a bad corner for accidents, and he gave me a reduced ticket because of it.

So ya, I'm horribly bummed. In an instant, all my work for the last few years, and all the plans I was envisioning....now gone.

525000 kms +....345 000kms of which I did personally within the last 5.5 years of owning it.
god knows how many hours of driving, how much work put into it, and I don't want to think about the money....

And relating to that.....i'm sorry, but it's not financially feasable for me to continue w/ another MX. I had many plans to make all the potential of my car into a reality, but I need something more cost effective rigth now.

I really hate to have to say goodbye, but maybe after my bank account is more stable I can buy another car to drive with a passion, instead of what I'm going to now end up with....just another car.

I will be posting a part-out soon in the FS forum with pictures. I havn't yet thought of prices for anything, but I do have a good amount of goodies that are up for grabs. PM me if there's something specific that you know you want. A few items are promised to a couple people already.

I don't know...there have been so many times where I've avoided accidents because of other people being stupid, or myself being stupid, but I've almost always seen it coming and known instantly what to do to avoid them. But when a car suddenly appears out of nowhere at such speed...I'm just at a loss for words.

By the way, I'm not seriously hurt. I bruised my knee and am sore as hell in my shoulder/neck....but I know I'll be feeling the loss for much longer than any of my physical pains.
AKA Deimos
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: da da da....Another one bites the dust

Post by fowljesse »

That Sucks! Sorry to read it. Good thing it wasn't a half second later, and you're alright.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

man i cant beleive this happend to u. it really sux as ur like the 2nd mx owner i met that was actually really into them. srry i didnt call u earlier.. krish wanted to leave the story up to u and he didnt tell me what was goin on so i waited till u called to tell me
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

ya sorry it's taken so long to get something up too. had a few things to take care of so i could make sure i can get to work on monday. i'm borrowing my mom's cav until samantha and i can find another car. this one'll b something that she likes, so if anyone can suggest a small (4cyl if possible) suv or something....basically she'd like to have a bit more interior space and a bit higher off the ground.....i know that's not difficult to do when u compare w/ the mx, but ya.
my main concern personally is that it's as fuel efficient as possible, and reliable.
I'll try to get some pictures up soon, at least on facebook.
my facebook address is mcleania@yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; btw
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok, you can only grieve for so long, let the parting out commence. :) Once your done you can swing on up to Trenton here and buy my 92 GS. Anyway you have my condolences.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

This has been a sad year for us. You can grieve for as long as you end up grieving. I'd cry alot of something happened to my Mx-3. I'm glad you're OK, it didn't seem like the damage was bad, so I was pretty confident you weren't badly hurt.

Honestly, I dont see how it's not feasable to get another Mx-3, they're cheap, way cheaper than getting a new car, especially if you can get one with high milleage or a blown motor. Seems like it's just serious frame damage, your ZE is still good, no? Bonus if you get one with good paint. And you have plenty of people to help. The only problem is time; I know you need your car daily for work.

I take if Samantha doesn't like Mx-3's? What you looking at price range? I'm not sure about a 4cyl SUV. From their size and weight, I'm surprised they're as good as gas as they are. I've always liked my parents V6 AWD Escape, the 2WD 4cyl gets 23/27 apparently and I think 4cyl (only) had a 5-speed available. For the driving you do, you'd be better off getting a car sized wagon or hatch, should give you much better millage. A Mazda3 hatch unfortunately only comes with the 2.3, but still give you a good 25/32. Could even look into a Civic, Focus or Subaru wagon. I don't think you can get a Mazda6 in wagon + 4cyl in Canada. Best if you can get a TDI Jetta wagon, what would be perfect for ya with the milleage you do! But you're getting a new car for your girl? Lol, should get a minivan! Damn, Haldiman has an 02 Venture for $5600. I think the Montana's are pretty good. Maybe an Aztec/Rendezvous?

Good luck anyway. Wish you'd get something fun so you'd stick around.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

you should fight the ticket..maybe THEN they will realize it needs to be a 4 way stop
definatley get another mx tho there arent many cars that can compare for the price :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Wow, people's MX's biting the dust everywhere. NOT GOOD. I hope Ian is doing OK???

Not to sound calous of unfeeling, but perhaps this may be an opportunity for those without a nice MX to get one.
Specifically, mine. I'd like to sell it to a good MX owner who will give it the attention it deserves.
John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

thats a shame and i'm very sorry to hear about your loss and the reason for it, even. i've lost many a good car to similar situations and its never pleasant to deal with the aftermath - but everything does happen for a reason - even if we dont realize what that reason is at the time. God willing you will come out on top - who knows- you may make enough money from the part-out to get a great MX and start over again, but better :D
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I drove from Pickering and between there and Port hope I saw two real nice MX3's one black and the other white for sale on Hwy 2. They're every where. Buy one then move all your parts over.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Yes I agree that he could pick up another Mx3 for cheap. But in his situation he wants to get something newer that is more efficient and probably reliable. Reemeber any high mileage MX3 will need parts like wheel bearings, ball joints who knows. Ian needs a car everyday with his job and it requires some travel quite often. Thats half the reason why his MX3 was able to get to 345,000Km. I know Ian and he has other bills and stuff to pay for that are not car related, so pucking up somethng to drve eveyday is the best idea. and like he said maybe down the road when he is fincancially stable he will pick something up that he will drive with a passion and like to mod.

It sucks this happened, but there snothing that can be done about it, Just do a part out and make some cash to support a newer car. Really lucky there was no one hurt as well which would of made things alot worse. Good luck to Ian and I am sure he will check back every now and then.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

thanks everyone. ya, john said it...I just did wheel bearings, gas lines, etc on this mx and it cost more than I wanted to spend, and what I really need now is some money from a part-out instead of sinking more money into another car.
i'v been in this situation ever since i started really moding the car and i need to start looking at the future.
i'm really bummed at the whole situation, and even if i do get another mx and move all my stuff over, that'll put me over budget, behind schedule, and it just wouldn't feel right.
those that know me well, know how much i loved THAT car, not just that model. I highly doubt i'll even LIKE the next car that i get, no matter what it is, so I might as well get something practical.
We've tenatively settled on a late model civic 4 door, so i should be able to use the winter tires i bought this year at least. also, if things break after the warranty, it's a hell of alot cheaper to fix.
i'll do my best to keep an eye on things around here, but even before all this happened, i've barely had time to post cuz of everything changing in my life.
I will post the part-out soon enough, but I have a few time-critical things to deal with first.
gotta get that other car so i can return mom's to her, and need to have Tiger pick up the straight-neck ZE that was delivered the day BEFORE the accident. gonna loose $225+50 because of restocking fee and shipping, but it's better than having an engine sitting in my garage that no1'll buy, despite how clean it is.
AKA Deimos
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Krish...Buy Ians ZE and put it in your car!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

If you've already done the work and the engine is good why not post it here [FS].
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

If you are talking about Ian's motor he just bought before the accident ... it is now gone back to where he bought it from.

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”