Esurance is a Friggen Rip-off!

Off-Topic Discussions
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Esurance is a Friggen Rip-off!

Post by nerd racing »

I needed to renew my insurance and I wanted to save some money so I was looking around and I found the lowest quote from them. I bought the policy then they said that I needed to update my insurance history information before the 20th or my policy premium would jump up over $100!! So I called them and they updated it and then said it was going to jump up $100 anyway

All of this was after I had purchased the policy!!!!!! I would have stayed with my other insurance company if i had known that I don't care who you are that is terrible business practices! I committed to buy a certain policy and they changed it not even 5 minutes after they had my money!!! Its like a giant from them to me!

As soon as my policy is up after the 6 months I am dropping them! I'm spreading this all over the internet, they won't screw anyone else over!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Esurance is a Friggen Rip-off!

Post by Mooneggs »

I just went with progressive and I'm saving $1500 this year over Allstate... I wish I had switched sooner... :shrug:
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

i insure with TD..no other company comes close to their rates..150 a month covers myself and my girlfriend, both of us with only G2 and i dont have a clean record,,
ImageImageImageImage
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

Mooneggs wrote:I just went with progressive and I'm saving $1500 this year over Allstate... I wish I had switched sooner... :shrug:
seriously?! i just switched in january from progressive to Allstate! haha. I'm saving about 60 bucks a month.
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I went from $260 a month to $91... :D
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

awesome! nice savings...that could buy you a new pair of shoes. or a tricked out name tag! lol
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I'm paying 70 CAD monthly. Ok? I'm with... Manitoba Public Insurance. Under my mothers name (5 merits, and registered as a pleasure vehicle)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

94drumx3 wrote:awesome! nice savings...that could buy you a new pair of shoes. or a tricked out name tag! lol
I had no idea what you were talking about until I saw the progressive commercial last night LOL :lol:
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I went from pay 119 a month with Progressive to paying 42 a month with Geico
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

How is Geico? I love their commercials...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Mooneggs wrote:I just went with progressive and I'm saving $1500 this year over Allstate... I wish I had switched sooner... :shrug:
They are cheap, but just wait until you get in an accident. They won't do s--- to help you.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

gieco and progressive were about the same for me - but progressive offered insurance for my mods - which was cool - but that raised the premium up dramatically.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

mr1in6billion wrote:
They are cheap, but just wait until you get in an accident. They won't do s--- to help you.

I didn't have a problem with there service, infact they were pretty quick to handle everything, its just one little accident that wasn't my fault made them decide to increase my rates a lot
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

In the past 4 years i have either had or quoted by Geico, AIG, progressive, Allstate, Esurance, liberty mutual etc. I now have statefarm and that is the cheapest for me here in michigan (25+ years age, 2 tickets - 5 over limit). It costs about $240 for 6 months - ofcourse i have the cheapest possible coverage. Geico is the next best at about $270 - everything else is above $300 (progressive is one of the worst - around $390 for same coverage).
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Progressive was charging my mom of 57 189 a month for full coverage with a 500 dollar deductable. she switched to geico and is now spending about 64 a month now for the same plan

Return to “Off-Topic”