Protecting stainless muffler

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Brainless

Protecting stainless muffler

Post by Brainless »

I ordered a stainless muffler and should get get in the next 2 weeks. Is there any way I can protect it during winter from salt and calcium?
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Redline

Re: Protecting stainless muffler

Post by Redline »

don't put it on til better weather.
back alley

Post by back alley »

i thought the whole idea of using stainless steel was that you didn't have to worry about it. doesn't rust??
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Redline:<BR><STRONG>don't put it on til better weather.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ya but the thing is, mine's broken and I have to put it on as soon as I get it. Oh, it's also because I'm getting a complete new 2" exhaust.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

Brainless?? I am curious as to what muffler you are getting? I am get a complete cat-back on Sat... and i am still undecided about the muffler...<BR>HGC [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

I already received it. It's a bosal brospeed prosport muffler. It's pretty nice and didn't cost alot (got it on the internet). <A HREF="http://www.forparts.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.forparts.com/</A> <BR>They were in sale...62 US + shipping<BR>The one I have is the one w/ 2 tips. I'll have it installed on my car wenesday. I'll get back to you about the quality and sound. :)
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

Okay so any of these 3 will fit my MX? because i like the first one pictured there......and i just may order one...depending on how it sounds...i don't want anything too loud...Lemme know<P>«thanx»
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heatherc:<BR><STRONG>Okay so any of these 3 will fit my MX? because i like the first one pictured there......and i just may order one...depending on how it sounds...i don't want anything too loud...Lemme know<P>«thanx»</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OK! Now it's done. What I have is a custom 2" exhaust (w/o resonator) and the muffler on the picture above (the one on far right). It's a little loud for daily driving but when you want to, you can get a lot of attention from it. The installation was a little tricky because the piping had to go above the suspension (but it fit). I don't really know how it's could react w/ the system you're getting.<P>BTW, nobody really answered my first question. How to protect stainless muffler from salt and calcium on winter?
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
freakuency

Post by freakuency »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brainless:<BR><STRONG><P>BTW, nobody really answered my first question. How to protect stainless muffler from salt and calcium on winter?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>i may be a lil confused...but correct me if i'm wrong. i agree with back alley.. but isn't stainless steel supposed to be anti-rust? therefore you shouldn't worry about salt or water corroding it.. :D
'93 MX-3 GS<BR>Ractive Dual-tip 3" Muffler<BR>Ractive strut tower Bar<BR>Custom CAI
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Stainless Steel DOESNT RUST. Therefore, salt will NOT affect it.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

Thanks!! :)
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!!<BR>Getting my new exhaust on tommorrow morning!<BR>The peeps at work are gonna hear me coming to work tommorrow night for sure..I will let you all know if it's bad-a§§ or not.. :D

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”