LEDs questions

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
shameem
Supporting Member

Re: LEDs questions

Post by shameem »

For the LEDs flashing faster -
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... a&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
acexl

Post by acexl »

oka so what is that piece? u know the one that looks like a plug ? where is it located and how do i take it out?

i already have 95% of my lights today just waiting for one more to arrive they look so good but since i had work today i havent had time to try them yet

EDIT

so i was messing with the wiring for the LEDs today and i found something interesting, first, they do not blink super fast, they are blinking normal, second is that if i connect the running light cable to one of the two cables of the LED connector and the turn signals cable to the the other cable in the LED connector, the led will work just like the regular turn signals, meaning it will work as both running lights and turn signal lights, like the normal ones

now my question is, what are the risks of leaving this setup like this?, if i jist leave the ground disconnected or of i just attach it to the body of the car?

FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

What kind of LED are you using? Need voltage rating for it. Is it a 12Volt or a regular LED that only drops a few volts?
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

So the light doesn't have a ground? I didn't think it could work if there wasn't a ground to complete the circuit.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

Ryan wrote:whats wrong with resistors? A resistor is simply a load with no purpose aside from minor heat dissapation and impedance matching.
Actually a resistor is opposition to current flow.

Here is a previous post on LED and resistors.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=43780
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”