92 mx3 v6 gs

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
helium

92 mx3 v6 gs

Post by helium »

just bought vehical. the car sputters under hard accel but runs fine otherwise. any ideas of what could cause the sputtering. i have never owned a mazda and i dont know what commonly goes on these cars.
shameem
Supporting Member

Re: 92 mx3 v6 gs

Post by shameem »

Make sure there are no cracks in the plastic intake air tube.
Run a few bottles of injector cleaner
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

Whats the first thing you alway do or should do when you first buy a used car?

DO A HUGE TUNE UP ON IT!. Fuel filter, air filter, oil, oil filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap and rotor, PCV valve and anything else along the way that looks worn!.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Yeah defenetly man, it sounds like an ignition problem. It needs a tune up. Cant be timing UNLESS timing skipped a tooth but that would be the last thing to check. The conputer auto adj the timing. Spark plugs, cap, wires, oil, filters.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
helium

Post by helium »

thanks for the feedback i know it needs a tune up i was just wonding if there was a common problem with sputtering sorry guys
bluechro

Post by bluechro »

I had the exact same thing - fine unless under hard acceleration. Replaced spark plugs and air filter and she runs like a beauty.
Worklog! - updated Jun/26

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”