Process of Engine Rebuild

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
npspears

Process of Engine Rebuild

Post by npspears »

So I just dropped off my horribly worn engine at the machine shop today. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an engine rebuild kit. Not looking for performance, just want a good running engine.

I found this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... :middle:us

what do you think? Has anyone bought from this company before? Am I better off paying more money for an engine kit? Will I get what I pay for?

thanks in advance
mx-3_4evr

Re: Process of Engine Rebuild

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I'm in the same boat as you are right now... It's seems pretty cheap, it's still eBay though. Imo I'm going to order good quality products for my engine build. I'm ordering the engine kit from importperformanceparts.com (the OEM kit one with toga HV oil pump, toga main/ rod bearings as an upgrade) the total comes to $586 but I will have Top Line products witch are good! check out the website and see what works the best for you. You can get the basic stuff for under $400
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

^
^
^
^
^
^
thats the way to go imo :)
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

hey guys i also got this package and import sent me the wrong water pump. everything else works fine but i did not look and jacked up my build because the bp waterpump has threads in the hole where the timing belt tensioner goes. and i bottomed out the bolt before i noticed this. compare your old w/p to your new one just to make sure. good luck with the build im almost done with my dohc b6.
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”