Is it possible and what would the outcome be?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
stang67fb

Is it possible and what would the outcome be?

Post by stang67fb »

Ok just wondering something here since I got this engine for real cheap.

Its the KFZE. First off does anyone know what cams it comes with (ya i searched couldnt find anything on them) and do you think it would be possible of throwing on some klze heads and in doing that if possible, what would the outcome be.
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS
New Time 13.82 at 101.75 2.205 60ft (RIP beast klze engine)

Updated mods now... KFZE, SS Autochrome Headers and a Sweet a-- 3' Electric Cutout after it, KFZE LSD trans, Millenia manifold, KL36 ecu, Blown motor mounts, custom CAI, Custom ground wire kit, 9mm Plug wires, 2 1/4 exhaust, (Hei and MSD external coil mod), all accessories.
stang67fb

Re: Is it possible and what would the outcome be?

Post by stang67fb »

no one has tried this yet?
Sacramento Raceway, CA
92 Mx3 GS
New Time 13.82 at 101.75 2.205 60ft (RIP beast klze engine)

Updated mods now... KFZE, SS Autochrome Headers and a Sweet a-- 3' Electric Cutout after it, KFZE LSD trans, Millenia manifold, KL36 ecu, Blown motor mounts, custom CAI, Custom ground wire kit, 9mm Plug wires, 2 1/4 exhaust, (Hei and MSD external coil mod), all accessories.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

The KFZE came with KF-01 and some came with the kl31's. There was some KF's that came with square ported heads but they are rare. Most came with the Oval ports. I dont know if the kl31 heads will fit on a kfze or not. I know all the k series cams are interchangeable. I think the Lantis GL had the KFZE with the square ports and kl31 cams that produced 170hp. I'm not 100%. Just got to take some time and read through all the search hits.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... =kfze+cams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nabp

Post by nabp »

stang67fb, so what cams did it have? KL31's? and square port head/im? thanks
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I tried it, its a very reliable engine.. but think of it just like a SPANKING NEW k8...

a klde will be better. Kfzes are cursed!! lol no joke. I opened it up, really there isnt anything special to it other than its a 2.0.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

if you get the kfze I think you will be like the 5th person to have one :shrug: like the others said, klde or klze would be easier overall...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”