Crazy idea

Off-Topic Discussions
Stablo87

Crazy idea

Post by Stablo87 »

So today i was in the car with my friend and the weirdest thing popped into my head. Has any one ever made a remote control mx-3 before? It shouldn't be too hard, Im thinking just a mold that will make a shell to go on existing bodies. I was just wondering if any one has had experience with this?
ElectricEnergy

Re: Crazy idea

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Haha, here I was thinking you'd want to convert a real mx-3 to RC. I actually had plans to do this to my old car. I planned it all out and did plenty of research. Combined with my experience in radio control with combat robots it would actually be a pretty simple/quick job. I wish I'd actually gone through with it. It would have been a lot of fun.

You could probably cannibalize the body of one of those model MX-3s you can get off ebay to work with a small scale RC car.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

I have 3 model airplanes laying around, i was actually thinking of making it awd. Im familiar with the electronics the only part im worried about is the shell.
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

I believe there IS on for a 1:32. I had gotten one YEARS ago to go on my Grasshopper frame, but it got smashed when I had a serious crash and I never got another one. I ordered it from May's Camera and Hobbies in Bismarck ND. Might want to see if they catalog online or something. Most RC Car sites and catalogs have so many different bodies that universally fit cars, you can find almost anything. On mine there was only 2 pins that held the plastic body to the frame.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

You sure? Theres been tons of threads about it and noones been able tolocate one. I've even contacted HPI about making one, no go.
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

Well this was in either 2000 or 2001. I know I got my "Hopper" in 2000 but cant remember if I bought it that same year or the next summer. I guess I should have put down the time line of when I got it. Guess it is possible they dont make them anymore but you would think that could be able to find one on Ebay or something though. I have not looked, many years since my X-Wife ran over my Hopper and I didnt get a new one. :crying:

And that was incorrect scale I gave earlier. It was 1:10. (sorry for the mistake)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'd love to see an MX-3 on a Grasshopper frame! I had a Grasshopper. They got popular where I lived, and there were a few tracks, and money races, and we'd race them on BMX tracks.... It WOULD take a car to kill one!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'd love to see a full size RC mx-3.... now there's a crazy idea! :shock:
mazdanut08

Post by mazdanut08 »

Haha, Remote Controlled ZE would be sweet

Return to “Off-Topic”