Tickets making me re-think KLZE SWAP HELP!

Off-Topic Discussions
MX3-Life

Re: Tickets making me re-think KLZE SWAP HELP!

Post by MX3-Life »

Easy answer to this problem, Do the ZE Swap and then put a bar below your gas pedal so you can only push it down so far :) a little weld/duck tape and your set.

And i gotta kinda agree with Se7en, The Police do more policing against speeders/seat-belt violators then they do the damn crack dealers down my street and the Weed growers in my building. lol.
se7en

Post by se7en »

ya man, that's what I realized when I read it over the second time :)

yikes.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

Seriously, how hard is it to drive like every other decent responsible person out on the road? And don't use the cop speeding as a reason for you to speed. If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do it? I have a young daughter and another one on the way, and i get so pissed when I see immature little punks flying down my road in a residental area right in front of where my kids play. If i could get to a rock in time I would smash their windows every time they drive by. And don't think accidents won't happen to you, because if you were a skilled driver you would probably be on a circuit right now instead of using city roads, so as far as we or the cops are concerned, you are just another car on the road. Here's a high five and two thumbs up for being a moron. Speed limits are laws, If you do not like it, then go thru the government and argue a valid point to change it. Until then, just accept the speed limit.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

not trying to start anything, but lowflylin, why do you let your kids play in the road? and its not only "immature little punks" that drive thru residential areas fast. there are almost all old men and women where i live and they always fly thru in their crown vics!
i had to do research and a paper in my second year o college and wound up finding out that there are less accidents when the speed limits are higher.
has anyone else had this kind of luck?: every time i've been pulled over i've been given a ticket or warning. its never been the whole "alright, well be sure to slow it down". my buddy just got pulled over saturday for takin off and doin about 60 in a 40 but he didn't have radar on and was tellin him he was drivin wreckless...the whole while he was drivin 85 behind us in the middle of the night with no headlights or anything on! but yeah, main point, he got away with a verbal warning.
i've been pulled over about 7 times...one written warning. 6 tickets. and only two of which were speeding (12 over both times).
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I also got pulled over after being behind a cop. It was like 9 mph over the limit. It sucked. I disagree with the limits, but only go 4 over, for the most part.
Here's the thing about the swap; I speed LESS, because when I find a safe place to drive hard, I'm satisfied for a while, and when Honda boys flex on me, I just laugh at them. When you KNOW you could spank them, you lose the urge to show them. I wish that there could be licenses according to one's proven skill level.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

lowflyin...

i never said i was going 80 in a residential area...you thought a 30mph speed limits in res areas huh...well maybe if you read my post you would have seen that i said it was actually a 45 where i was speeding (he waited tllwe got to a 30 to give the ticket) i keep my "speeding" to this road and this road alone because there is absolutely nothing to either side of the road but woods and guard rails and no one else was on the other side of the road so the only persons life im risking is my own...unless you let your kids play on a secluded road in the middle of the woods at 4:20 in the morning...so why dont you stop assuming things and stop getting so worked up over somethin you dont even know about...and im not saying just cause someone else is speeding that im going to too...im saying that ur sitting here saying that cops are out there "protecting" your kids from speeders? but yet he was telling me he sped up to see if i would keep up with him? so i guess you'll love when a cop speeds by your house when your kids ball goes into the street and he tells u he only did it to get some "punk" as you say to speed so he could give him a ticket to make quota...

by the way i have a kid too so dont give me that BS...
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I've had a ZE swap for what, over 4 years now, and I've only gotten 1 speeding ticket, and that was actually a year ago, and the reason is that I wasn't paying attention, I was accelerating while arguing with the (now ex-) girlfriend and ended up doing 80km/h in a 60 zone.

You what to know what's funny, I have an old friend, he had a 93 Mx-3, the SOHC 88hp. He actually got so many speeding tickets he took the car off the road for almost 2 years cause his insurance was too expensive (over $4000/year). He sold it last year.

It doesn't matter if you have 88hp, 198hp or 1988hp, you either grow up and learn to drive within reason, or grow up and deal with the consequences of your actions.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

94drumx3... I know you wasn't trying to start anything. I said the road was by where my kid(s) play, my front yard, not that they would be playing in the street. No offense taken.

God's father... Sorry to come off as a jerk, but within the past 3 months my best friend was killed by a reckless drivier on his way to my house, as well as my own sister in law losing control and hitting an 8 year old girl in a yard on my street, (which is a considered a country road mind you), and permanently damaging her and that little girls life forever. I did read your post completely and I did understand the conditions of what happen, however speeding is speeding. I hope you never have to call your own mother in law to tell her that her daughter is in the hospital and so is a little girl. The speed limit there was 45 and she was doing 60 when she lost control. No amount of arguing can justify speeding in my mind. I am very passionate about this subject, as would you if you seen the accident scenes I had to see. Cops pull over people more than they bust drug dealers, yes i do agree with that but there is a reason. When was the last time you seen a crack dealer on the sidewalk holding a bag of crack up in the air for sale? The cops would be on him quick, yet that is what you are doing when you are speeding. You are directly in their sight and breaking the law, of course they are going to get you. Again, sorry for being a jerk but this is a point of view that I hold very strongly.

On a personal note, there is no such thing as BS when it comes to protecting your kid(s). I would do anything in the world and stop at nothing to protect mine.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I can only comment on Northern Ireland police, but I can't stand them. They do almost nothing but harass motorists who they know are easy targets. They are entirely gutless with regards to joyriders, repossessing stolen vehicles & street crime. It's all about making money, meeting targets and making statistics, the true purpose of policing has long been forgotten.

On the otherhand it sounds like you were taking the piss a little! It's not worth it, learn from you mistakes and spend that donut money on something useful!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

WTf 80 in a 30 or even a 45 is excessive and deserves a ticket if you get caught. If you get caught speeding and get a ticket for it take it like a man n stop bitchin. yea cops suck but you deserved it, you where driving retarded and got caught.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE

Return to “Off-Topic”