cross member

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
slinkymx3

cross member

Post by slinkymx3 »

i have a probe turbo kit with just the turbo pipes basically...and i was wondering since i had to bend the piss outta the cross member why doesn't anyone make a x-member for a turbo set-up???? i mean it only has to support 2 mounts and connect to the frame any thoughts?
93 mx-3, hybrid de/ze-turbo P&P'd ZE heads,9.2:1 CR,garrett t3 57trim .60/.63,HKS SSQV bov, turbo xs 38mmW/G,24in downpipe,sts,13lbfw,sleeper FMIC,65mm TB,Walbro 255lph FP,F&R strut bars, ngk plugs/wires
p/s,a/c,cruise,vris delete..all go from here
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: cross member

Post by Mnemonic »

because most people just take it to a shop have them cut and bend to accommodate for the pipe. Cheaper than paying for an after market cross member and just as effective.

Why spend 100s when you can spend 50
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
slinkymx3

Post by slinkymx3 »

ehh i guess just a thought thats all
93 mx-3, hybrid de/ze-turbo P&P'd ZE heads,9.2:1 CR,garrett t3 57trim .60/.63,HKS SSQV bov, turbo xs 38mmW/G,24in downpipe,sts,13lbfw,sleeper FMIC,65mm TB,Walbro 255lph FP,F&R strut bars, ngk plugs/wires
p/s,a/c,cruise,vris delete..all go from here
Flinch

Post by Flinch »

hey im just wondering what the stock measeurement is from motor mount to motor mount is cuz i am in the middle of a turbo project with a cut cross member and didnt think to measure that befor i modded it. if somone could let me know that would be great.
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar

Return to “Forced Induction”