ze and k8 pwr steering pumps the same?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
94mx3precidia

ze and k8 pwr steering pumps the same?

Post by 94mx3precidia »

so i fianally got my ze in today!!! I havent pushed it at all, new clutch gotta break it in but i can already feel how fast she's gunna be.

I went to pick up my car and i was about to drive away and i noticed that i have no pwr steering, uh ohh. so i took it back and they had a look. the bealt was on, fluid in there and it wasnt air locked so im thinking the pump is screwed. They said come back next wednesday and theyll fix it. i needed it this weekend so they told me they are availble wednesday so i took it.

Im wondering if the k8 and ze power steeing pumps are the same?

Thanks for the help.

p.s this things a beast.....
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: ze and k8 pwr steering pumps the same?

Post by Kirk95gs »

They should be the same. I ran the both on my car. No issues.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

the pump that came with my ZE would not fit the fittings that my mx-3 had. infact, it had an extra one IIRC. I just swapped in my K8 pump and it worked fine.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

I have had problems with my k8-klze pwr steering pumps as well. Wouldn't match up.. the little elbow thing was different
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Thanks for the help. Its weird, my power steering had randomly started to work. It must have been how i was parked at my buddies house over night. hes got a slanted driveway so my theory was that there could have been air in the system and having my car parked there over night got rid of the air.

So now that i have power steering its alot more enjoyable.

And on the side note, i was gunna do a tune up on the ze i got everything else okay except for the plugs. For the plugs i went with a 95 mx-6 or even a millenia and they gave me zfr5f-11 and when i pulled the plugs out of my ze i got a plug number bkr6e-11 there not even close to being the same plug. What plugs do you guys run.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”