These parts suck!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: These parts suck!

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

No.

Unless you have a need for different injectors (boost aps only). Oh, and when it comes to a fpr, you get what you pay for.
NKY92MX3

Post by NKY92MX3 »

se7en wrote:don't install it outlaw, it only raises the resistance on the coolant temp sensor, which advances the timing, and adds more fuel....

which is fine when the engine is cold, but when it gets hot...boom.

OMG I only read down to this post. This should all be common knowledge. How much did ya pay for it? Cause I'll sell you as many as ya want. I think they are 15 cents at the local hardware store.
1992 MX-3 1.6L SOHC since 4/10/08
1987 Supra Turbo 5spd. 57trim CT-26 15PSI 305rwhp 315rwtq
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

Today i thought about this topic.
Even do i respect se7en's oppinion, there is something he does not know.
My "RACE MODE" button, that like u all sayed is nothing more than a resistor ... actually is a race mode button.
So, when i want to have the advance timing, the fuel upgraded and all the other stuff ... i will press the button, it light's up and tell me the race mode is on
When the engine is hot, when i want to keep my gas, or when im just not in the mood ... ill just turn off the race mode, and all will be stock again ... get it ?
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

OutlaW wrote:Today i thought about this topic.
Even do i respect se7en's oppinion, there is something he does not know.
My "RACE MODE" button, that like u all sayed is nothing more than a resistor ... actually is a race mode button.
So, when i want to have the advance timing, the fuel upgraded and all the other stuff ... i will press the button, it light's up and tell me the race mode is on
When the engine is hot, when i want to keep my gas, or when im just not in the mood ... ill just turn off the race mode, and all will be stock again ... get it ?
this is easier said then done... you are talking almost about having a "race" tune... you would need some type of piggyback ECU that would run that...

yeah it's a great idea in theory but actually having the race button do something positive would be alot of work... we all want a "race button" :roll:
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

Moon, i understand that ... but at least ear me out:

I bought a button, that has this resistor attached to it. It's allready on my dashboard since last year , but it isnt connected. Ok, someday ill plug it into a 12v to get the light workin, and plug into the IAT sensor .
When i turn the button on, will it not make those things that se7en spoke about ?
And when i turn it off, will it not STOP doing those things ?

I mean, i dont want to be the only one with this part, hell ... i bought it out of Ebay ... so there goes exclusivity , lol
But please if someone could hear me out , and try to help me out how to connect this mother***** :confused2:
Listen, even if it blows my engine out, so what ? it will only force me to get a KLDE
If it does nothing for my car, at least it will light up and upgrade my ricer-level
If it does anything for the car, maybe other people will try it :freak:
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It will probably just make your car run rich, and cost you alot of $$ in extra gas, and make you slower. It won't blow it up.
There is NO good reason to use it.
We want to see you get good figures with your K8. You're the only one trying. Don't let us down by running Ebay Bull$#!t. We're happy to help you get good results. I believe you can.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

i guess u guys are scared that the ebay scumparts will rock my K8 to the moon ...hihihihi
Im jokin, ok ... u guys wont help me out, ok that's that ... when i get my K8 to the 14´s ... i will be the most annoying member here :freak:
MX3-Life

Post by MX3-Life »

lol... Just hook the good old "Race Button" up to a bottle of Nos and the cruise control and your set.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

"ok ... u guys wont help me out, ok that's that"
We're TRYING to help you out! But you insist on trying shortcuts that won't work.

Let it be known.. I will give you $20 in MX-3.com credit if you get into the 14's with those scam parts. That means 2 runs.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

fowljesse wrote:"ok ... u guys wont help me out, ok that's that"
We're TRYING to help you out! But you insist on trying shortcuts that won't work.

Let it be known.. I will give you $20 in MX-3.com credit if you get into the 14's with those scam parts. That means 2 runs.
? how does that work ?
U want me to get into the 14's ON two runs, or with only 2 runs to try it out ?
The next DragRacingShow that my car will race, i am going to make 2 runs in my class ( over 1800cc ) and 2 runs on the prototype class ... just like i did on my first DragRacingShow :)
I really dont want ur money guys, im all worked up because u guys have no faith on the K8 engine ... and by God's work ... ill be under 15.00 even if ill break an axle trying it :D
It is not going to be soon, since i need to buy a real CAI, a FPR and get my TB bored out before trying it ... but my car really needs shocks ... im buying a set of Bilstein's when i get my pay... security before pleasure :roll:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

No matter how many tries, if you get 2 runs under 15 seconds in the K8 normally aspirated, I'll give the money to this site in your name. I have full faith in the K8. Mine still pulls strong for what it is, and I think I could get into the 14s with it, but am focusing on the ZE.
I want you to do it.
That's why I'm trying to discourage the use of resistors and junk that will not only cause you to go slower, but may harm your engine, and ruin your chances of ever getting into the 14s.
I've read on this forum that boring the TB on a N/A engine (especially K8) will do nothing for you, and maybe cost you some low end power.
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

that maybe the case in the Kseries engine ... because this is not my first car ...
I used to have a Citroen Saxo 1,6 ... and the car is strong even stock.
But man, when i bored out my TB ( that is very similar to the K8 TB ) and raised the fuel pressure .... hooo man , did that car pulled like a real s.o.a.b.
My car tune-up company is the same for my MX3, and they promissed me that my car will pull even faster :welder:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”