Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Race Car IP - 2013 in Review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Steve_SK

Re: Mooneggs 1992 gs "slow car" International Project

Post by Steve_SK »

It should turn on and off AC compressor (electromagnetic clutch in it) depending on preset temperature and save you some fuel. That's why ECO. :) imho
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Steve_SK wrote:It should turn on and off AC compressor (electromagnetic clutch in it) depending on preset temperature and save you some fuel. That's why ECO. :) imho
AFAIK the ECO (Economy) mode calculates heat-load and turns the A/C on/off accordingly. A strictly temperature based control may cycle the compressor on/off multiple times during the given time period to strictly maintain a certain temperature. The ECO mode will calculate the heat load and the time it takes to reach and maintain a certain temperature etc.... or atleast thats what the manufacturer claims....
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I think Shameem might have it just right... I had never seen the switch before so I bought it :)

Anyways yesterday I installed my smooth glass headlamps and took out the chrome glass headlamps + hid kit... the HID kit wasn't doing anything for me since I was using 9004 bulbs in an h4 housing :? So I'm back to stock now but at least I can see at night when I'm driving :D

My final plan has changed as well... once I bring the fast car up at the end of June I will transfer those manual leveling glass smooth headlamps I modified to the slow car and then the chrome headlights will be painted black on the inside and I will install those on the fast car with a backup pair of smooth glass headlamps in reserve.

MX3-Life

Post by MX3-Life »

That Green Del Sol in one of your picture's background looks like my neighbour's car.
npspears

Post by npspears »

I have to say that I really like the look of the spoiler. Reminds me of another car but I can't remember what car. Anyways, how much did that Canadian spoiler cost and where did you get it?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I got a good price for it from this forum... keep watching the FS section...

I forgot to post pics from the other night when I went and adjusted the new lights... I also adjusted the fog lights since one was way higher than the other... now it's level...

oh and here's some more random cat shots... :mrgreen: playing with her mazda badges lol

Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Last 3 pictures are the best! :D
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Steve_SK wrote:Last 3 pictures are the best! :D
+1, made me lol!
-I want some yellow fogs :D Looking good as usual
:D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Mark, you have waaay too much time on your hands.. lol
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Just a random useless question - Did you take out the front marker lights? Or did your car not come with it?
Also What are your plans for the HID kit - i ask because i am looking for a 9004 HID bulb since mine is acting up after i drove through a flash flood once....
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

shameem wrote:Just a random useless question - Did you take out the front marker lights? Or did your car not come with it?
Also What are your plans for the HID kit - i ask because i am looking for a 9004 HID bulb since mine is acting up after i drove through a flash flood once....
definately not a useless question sir - on Euro mx-3's the front AND rear marker lights are absent. I have seen exceptions in the UK, etc... it just depends what the regulations are in that area... There is also differences in the license plate holder structure depending on area. eventually I would like to get a euro rear bumper with no marker lights but that's a heavy price tag for something so small :roll:

As far as my 9004 HID kit... I am undecided about the whole kit... I definately have no use for the bulbs so if you are just interested in those maybe we can work something out... but I'm thinking of holding onto the ballasts if I ever go HID h4 again... I just don't want to buy the motorized H4 bulbs that stick out of the back of the housing.... sigh
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

If you dont want the bulbs azz sticking out and if you dont mind halogen for high beam -

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... arch&fgtp=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

hmmm interesting and they are only like $35 shipped... maybe I'll give it a shot...
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Well I made some more progress this weekend! Thanks again to Steve for sending these euro parts so I can have projects to work on haha :mrgreen:

Also thanks to Fowljesse for letting me come over and work on my projects!

So my first project was to install the euro tray under the steering wheel. Here are a few comparision pictures so you can see the differences.

and here's the problem... on USDM mx-3's they have a metal backing plate... so that has to be cut out! no problem for me and my dremel 8)

The other downside is that the euro tray is not as deep so the buttons are inset about another 1/4 of an inch... but I can live with it... Also the right side with the small cover for the screw does not fit right but I can live with that too... unless you are really looking for it you don't even notice!

So that's the finished product - I'm happy with how it turned out... so for the next project I am painting the amber signals on 2 sets of taillights... one UK RHD set and one Euro LHD set... I'm going to mix these 2 sets so that I have one complete set with left and right rear fog lights and the other set will be just like USDM spec only they will be square lights...

This time around I used 2 coats of clearcoat on top of the transparent red paint. Hopefully this will prevent them from fading as they usually do! I am going to take the tape off tonight and install them - I'll post a final pic installed on the car tomorrow!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm really really pleased with these 2 sets of tails I painted. I think the clear coat is really going to make them keep their shine alot longer (or at least I hope so!).

compared to the last set which I have had on for a while you can see how much they faded!

Finally! 2 superbright rear foglights :mrgreen:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”