Where the VSS wire is? If there even is one...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
ts1233

Where the VSS wire is? If there even is one...

Post by ts1233 »

Hey Guys,

I did a search but really couldn't find anything definite. I have a 93 RS 4 cylinder with 140k miles on the body, about 95k on the motor. I got a speeding ticket the other day because i dont have cruise (and because i like to drive fast) so i bought a universal cruise control system that uses the VSS wire and i was wondering where that is or how can i identify it? Any info at all would be nice.. thanks

- Tim
shameem
Supporting Member

Re: Where the VSS wire is? If there even is one...

Post by shameem »

The 93 RS does not have an electronic Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) - it is mechanical and drives the speedo with a cable. You will have to get an additional sensor and install it -
reegler

Post by reegler »

Yea thats what i thought... seeing as i filled my transy fluid through that... I just wasnt sure if there was another cable somewhere. So is there no speed feedback to the ECU?

- tim
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

There is no stock speed feedback - you can add aftermarket speed sensors like this - http://cgi.ebay.com/?ViewItem&item=270230812184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many GPS navigation units also come with optional speed sensor kits......
reegler

Post by reegler »

Yea i have a gps unit but i bought a universal cruise control unit that i guess i will have to add via the magnet and sensor because there is no vss wire. Has anyone else here done that? Its the audiovox ccs-100 kit i bought off amazon for 70 shipped.

- tim
reegler

Post by reegler »

Has anyone ever installed the audiovox ccs 100 kit? When I get back from school i'm gonna try it and see how it works. I might take some pics and do a tut if no one else has already done one.

much love

tim

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”