Engine cutting out in turns

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
inferno94

Engine cutting out in turns

Post by inferno94 »

IDK if this is a common thing but, I have been having my engine cut out when "turning briskly" at times when I have less than 3/4 tank. If I have a full tank it doesn't happen but is there a way to better baffle the factory tank or possible aftermarket tanks with better baffling?

It is seriously annoying to be pulling hard through a corner for the engine to lose power at apex then jump start it's self just after. This mostly happens when I'm on 80 kph roads going the speed limit and make sharp turns without slowing down.

Yeah I know... don't do it then but I'm not even pushing to the point of tire squeal or noises of any kind.
shameem
Supporting Member

Re: Engine cutting out in turns

Post by shameem »

Did you change your fuel strainer recently? Try to get the long rectangular (OEM) fuel strainer and not the short square looking strainer - the long strainer wicks the fuel upto the pump much better.

If you have the proper strainer already - then it probably is time to replace the pump.

If the pump checks out fine - then there's a problem with the electrical system - loose connection or short perhaps.....
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

you could have crud in your tank..

The same thing happened to me. I ended up just buying a new tank. The car I purchased was from Florida, and it had some sand in it.
inferno94

Post by inferno94 »

Just put in a new high flow pump with the factory strainer (it did this before the new pump as well), just had it open and its clean. So electrical eh? I know its not the pump connector that bad boy is on super tight but maybe something in the engine bay.....
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

CEL on?
Cody
inferno94

Post by inferno94 »

tehbrookzorz wrote:CEL on?
Nope
inferno94

Post by inferno94 »

Read about a reason on feoa. Whenever bg chassis cars pull near or over 1g in turns this happens if they have 1/2 tank or less. I guess the engineers didn't think the car would ever see those forces.

The problem is alleviated with 3/4 tank or more, woo for a stupidly grippy car!
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Hasnt happened to me since i changed my pump and strainer.....
se7en

Post by se7en »

ya, mine leans out under hard turns too when I have less than half a tank...

I recently changed out my pump for a better one(DSM turbo one), and I think that has something to do with it.

I am going to take it apart again, and look at it.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
inferno94

Post by inferno94 »

I've read that there is a fix. on feoa they said its the pump moving and that securely zip tying the pump to the bracket (rather than depending on that factory rubber band) prevents the pump from moving and pinching the soft line in the tank.

I had to cut my line shorter for my upgraded 3g rx7 pump but it still does it. I hope the zip ties help it.

Return to “Forced Induction”