1992blazeredgs - 1992 MX-3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Finally got my cams installed today after work. I was alittle nervous to install them with many of the stories i read about people breaking cams. I was shocked how easily they went in. Followed the torque pattern taking my time making sure they were all seating evenly.

Here is a pic of my new motor sitting next to my k8.

Looking for another Red GS.
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I got some more work done on the motor today. Valve covers, intake manifold, and hotshot headers all bolted on. I love how the red and black look together.

Hopefully i should be able to get the motor put back in the car this weekend and hopefully running.
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I finally have joined the 2.5 club. I got my rebuilt klde put in saturday, got it turning over sunday morning and it fired right up.

I have a probe gt intake on the way, that will replace that black plastic tubing i have on there for now. I am also considering relocating the battery to somwhere in the truck or rear seat area.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Man, that is a sweet rebuild man! I am jealous hehe, I always liked the look of the DE manifold. Anyways keep up the good work!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I don't know if the Probe intake will make a tight enough bend to turn before the battery. What I had to do to keep a short-neck intake was to get a 90 degree bend rubber elbow with a 2.5" to 3" flare. It'll make the turn right away. Then, I just used a 90 Integra intake setup to make a CAI. I don't know if I showed you my engine bay or not when you picked up the short block at my house.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-degre ... dZViewItem
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Here is my probe gt cold air intake installed. This one took alot more work than my integra intake. I had to cut some off the 90 degree elbow to clear the battery, and than use part of my integra intake to locate the air filter down in the fender.

I also got my clutch line installed as well as my exhaust finally done. I went with a stock muffler and it still sounds pretty sweet with hotshot headers, mangaflow cat, and 2.25 piping all the way back. Here is a picture of my new rims. Rota slipstreams 15x7 in flat black.

Nate
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

sand the paint off the mazda lettering on ur valve cover
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Its been a while since i updated this thing. The Motor has about 3500 miles on it now and is still running strong. I do have a lifter that ticks now that it is cold out, only on initial start up. I also have an oil leak that im afraid is the rear main seal. Over my semester break from school i will inspect further and also install my new toys. Here are my new awr mounts. They are beefy as hell. I cant wait to see how the car drives after installing them.

Nate
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

No real pictures to take, but i got my awr mounts installed yesterday. It took me probably 4 hours all together. Getting to that rear mount with the motor in the car is a complete pain in the butt. All the hassle was worth it though. The car feels so much more solid, like the way it was meant to be. Also my throttle response is rediculous now. The motor revs so fast, and is so driveable now. Absolutely in love with my mx3 again. I would reccomend these mounts to anybody looking for a more aggresive feel to their mx3.

Nate
1992blazeredgs

Re: 1992blazeredgs - 1992 MX-3 GS

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Car has been sold for a few months now. I got bored with the mx3 and I am going to be getting an fd rx7 once i find one that is in decent shape. Its been great and I learned a ton.

Nate

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”