Vinyls and Decals

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
zzzoomx3

Vinyls and Decals

Post by zzzoomx3 »

So i've been surfing the net looking for some graphics for my car - and i came across some really nice sites - which i will post a list of later once i weed through them all - but i really had to post this one immediately, because it was so unique - its a vinyl for brake calipers - check it out: you even get to see what it looks like before you put them on - with caliper colors and decal colors.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Re: Vinyls and Decals

Post by mr1in6billion »

vinyl for brake calipers

Ummm... That's nice I guess, if you don't plan to actually drive your car.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

eh - if they are made with a durable vinyl and strong adhesive - they should hold up - i painted my calipers red with that caliper paint kit from autozone and amazingly (especially to my skepticism) the paint held up very well and with the low dust pads i got - they look just as good now - a month later - as the day i painted them - and i drive my car a lot and wash it rarely, unfortunately. but since my calipers dont have the space for such a decal - i cant get them. but i thought someone else could.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

haha not bad. Though the letter spacing is terrible in that, I'd have to cut my individual letters out and do it right :lol: Yea should last fine. I had vinyl on my bonnet for over a year, took all kinds of abuse and stayed as new. Though Id worry a bit about the brake heating up glue and the letters sliding off, but I'm sure theyv'e though of that :?:
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “Appearance”