Getting ready for summer

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Johnjj728

Getting ready for summer

Post by Johnjj728 »

So my cars been sitting since November and i got her cleaned up yesterday. The body shop still owes me a wetsand and buff so the paint isnt quite as good as it will be once done. Excuse the ty-raps holding my intake and the wire coming out of my rear bumper.

JoshVK
Supporting Member

Re: Getting ready for summer

Post by JoshVK »

did you drill for that intake duct?
and what suspension are you sitting on?
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
Johnjj728

Post by Johnjj728 »

Yeah i cut the whole for the intake and used a speaker box port as a trim piece. The suspension is Suspension Techniques springs and koni struts.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I love how black looks when its clean!
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Post by JoshVK »

think we can get some close ups of that intake duct?
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Regardless weather your paint is done or not. Its still better than mine. oh well I plan to get mine done soon. Car looks great tho man. Is it lowered as well? Some drops its hard to tell. I ahve B&G on mine and its lower than stock but barely. I bet with some Ground Controls that would look nice on your car... Good work buddy!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
DeepBlueMX3

Post by DeepBlueMX3 »

Wonderfull clean black,congratultions!
MX-3 B6ZE Noble Green

My Worklog
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

ohhh very nice! Just wondering why you have no coolant overflow bottle,were'd it go??
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

OOH nice rims, gots to get some. What size are they please and what size tires. Nice steering wheel cover, I wont tell and by the way I got one for Xmas from my kids. lol I like it. I don't see how it could get any shinier even with a wet sand. Looks great now. Are those glass head lites?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

clean mx-3, good job
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

yeah the coolant overflow tube was the first thing I noticed missing but thats becasue before i blew my k8 the water pump was half dead and would blow off the overflow tube everytime i drove on the freeway im pretty sure my head gasket was blown... :lol: damn I did a good job on that engine!!!!
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

ya it will definitely will look better after sanding and buffing.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
NorCalMX3

Post by NorCalMX3 »

That black is STUNNING!

I too am getting my car all prep'd for summer. Not as good looking as yours, John, but she still gives me that joy in the morning when i walk out and she's all clean and spiffy. Also, I got lucky when i was at the wrecking yards and found a sunroof visor in really good shape, i like the look of it, any thoughts?

(i was going to cheat and use photoshop to cover up the chipping in the crappy white paint, but maybe if i leave the pictures alone, I'll get motivated to do something about it)
1992 MX-3 GS:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2607936
1995 Honda Del Sol (Current Main until KL-ZE Swap):
http://teamsolcal.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=20662
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

How did you get the little halo in the Altezza's to light up? The ones I got don't have any kind of wiring to the halo's, so they're just there. I was gonna go to RadioShack and get some small bulbs to fit there or something. Did your altezza's come with wiring for the halo?
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
NorCalMX3

Post by NorCalMX3 »

rofl, there's nothing there, i just used the sunlight and took a picture at the right angle, they are reflectors after all...

that would be really sweet though
1992 MX-3 GS:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2607936
1995 Honda Del Sol (Current Main until KL-ZE Swap):
http://teamsolcal.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=20662

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”